How does Studio Web Runtime work?

I’ve seen from community edition that it runs on serverless bots. Is this the same for normal enterprise level production environments?

Are there any limitations? I suppose I can only automate things that are web based that aren’t locally installed. But are there any others? Amount of runs or anything?

Hi @ty.pedro

It is actually quite straightforward. If you build and publish and run the processes with Studio Web, then out of the box the runtime will happen on what we call a serverless machine. This runtime is based on Robot Units, of which there is 300 for a community account.
Naturally, because it is a temporary Linux machine, you will not have access to for example your local file system of your own machine.

However, the process published from Studio Web can be run on any UiPath robot. As such, for example, you can in theory design a process that does use local paths of your system, if you run it from a robot on a local system afterwards.

But apart from the above, the biggest advantage of Studio Web is that it allows you to quickly solve web based use cases. For example, I use it a lot in my day to day work to integrate between the tools that we use internally.