How Can I Recalculate An Excel Workbook without using a Macro or Send Hotkeys

My Excel workbook intentionally sets the formula calculation options to Manual .

In my UiPath workflow, I want Excel to update the workbook in the same manner as though I typed in the F9 key.

The UiPath Excel Automation Activities does not appear to include an update or calculation activity.

How can I use UiPath to tell Excel to calculate the workbook and wait for the workbook to finish calculating before continuing onto the next step in the workflow?

Additional Info:
Again, I do not want to invoke any macro. I prefer not to send hotkeys (e.g. F9), because these methods do not allow for the workbook to finish calculating (without using hard-coded workflow delays).

@grosner I guess there is no such activity where it can wait until the formula calculations completes. But setting the delay with feasible time would work

Different workbooks require different delays so this is not an efficient method for me.

My solution, while not ideal, is to include a Save Excel File activity inside the Excel Application card that is a part of my UiPath workflow.

• Excel 2016 / Office 365 can optionally recalculate prior to saving the workbook.
  • UiPath appears to wait for the save to finish before continuing with the next activity

Although extra time is needed to save larger excel files, this approach provides the solution I am seeking. I can also skip overwriting the Excel file by using a “Save Excel File As” activity, and saving the file to a temporary location.

The only caveat is that Excel MUST have the Formulas set to Recalculate workbook before saving.

UiPath Activity:
Save Excel File Actvity

Excel Options - Formulas

It would be much better if UiPath included a Workbook Calculate activity!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.