HELP: Unable to read data from the transport connection : An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Today all of a sudden I can’t login to UiPath. I’m getting the following error. i get similar error in UiPath assistant. it says "System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: “An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.”
anyone else faced this issue? appreciate a solution.
thanks in advance

Hi @Forrest_Gump

Possible reasons for this error might be due

Timeout or other network-level error
Firewall closed the connection because it was open too long
Antivirus blocks the connection

Some options

1 → You can try pause your antivirus and test

2 → Try refresh your network adapters

Open CMD terminal and type this (you will lost the connect during the process)

ipconfig /flushdns and type enter

ipconfig /release and type enter

ipconfig /renew and type enter

Try to connect in studio again

3 → Open Task Manager and kill all UiPath processes and try again

4 → If nothing works, you can try reinstall the Studio as final option

Provide these details from the impacted machine:

1. Open a powershell.exe console and provide the result for this command:
[System.Net.WebRequest]::GetSystemWebProxy().GetProxy("https://cloud.uipath.com")
  1. In which mode did you install the impacted Studio/Robot (User Mode or Service Mode)?
    If you don’t know, open a cmd.exe console and run the below command:
FOR /F %i IN ('"C:\Program Files\UiPath\Studio\UiRobot.exe" --version') DO set RobotVersion=%i
sc query "UiRobotSvc" | find /i "failed" 2>&1>nul && echo.'UiPath Robot service is not installed' || (sc query "UiRobotSvc"| find /i "running" 2>&1>nul && echo.UiPath Robot service %RobotVersion% is Running || echo.UiPath Robot service %RobotVersion% is Stopped)
  1. Provide the content of this file C:\Program Files\UiPath\Studio\UiPath.config

2. Provide from the impacted Studio/Robot machine this screenshot (Start → Internet Options → Connections → LAN settings)

3. Open a powershell.exe console and provide the result for this command:

Write-Host "`r`n**********`r`n"
Write-Host " System variables:"
[Environment]::GetEnvironmentVariables("Machine") | Format-Table -Wrap -AutoSize
Write-Host "`r`n**********`r`n"
Write-Host " User variables:"
[Environment]::GetEnvironmentVariables("User")  | Format-Table -Wrap -AutoSize

2 Likes

Hi @marian.platonov
I can’t seem to post the results here because of moderation rules i.e. limitations to include link or images
Is there any other way to send the results to u? Appreciate ur help

Try to create a zip file with the requested details and attach here.

uipatherror.zip (54.3 KB)

Hi Marian. Thank you for your reply. here’s the zip file as u requested. appreciate ur help

From what we see, you installed Robot 2023.10.0 in User Mode and the URL https://cloud.uipath.com is not going through a proxy.

In the Assistant machine perform these while logged as the robot user:

1. Open the browser and try to access https://cloud.uipath.com/numair/DefaultTenant/orchestrator_ → can you access it?

2. Are you using the SSO for login to your Orchestrator?

3. Can you try to disable the Automatically detect settings in Internet Options → OK → OK and retry the connection? Which are the results?

4. Antivirus/Firewall Blocking: If your antivirus software or firewall is blocking the connection, the SocketException may occur. Therefore, you should check if they’re blocking the connection and modify their settings if needed.

5. Network issues: Check your network connection. If your network is congested, unstable, or experiencing high latency, it may close the connection unexpectedly.

The below commands will tell you if you have timeouts and big latencies.

ping cloud.uipath.com -4

tracert -4 cloud.uipath.com

1. In UiPath Assistant, try to Sign in to this service URL https://cloud.uipath.com/numair/DefaultTenant/orchestrator_ → what is the result?

after changing the firewall settings and changing the UiPath assistant service url, it’s working now. I really appreciate ur support. thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.