Help -- Unable to publish package, Operation has timed out

Hello Community,
I’m trying to publish a package and it keeps throwing me this error

As you can see it doesn’t provide any much more context than that. It does not say why it has timed out, and the project is not event that heavy. I cleaned all the unused packages in my orchestrator and still I get this error.

Why could this be happening?

@Luis_Fernando,

Click on that Details button and share the details please. May be it will have some details about the issue.

Thanks,
Ashok :slight_smile:

Here…

Error: System.InvalidOperationException: Publish of Webox.Tracking.Inventario failed. The operation has timed out.
—> System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.
at UiPath.Studio.OnlineServices.Services.LocalizationHttpClientHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.g__Core|83_0(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpCompletionOption completionOption, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts, CancellationTokenSource pendingRequestsCts, CancellationToken originalCancellationToken)
at UiPath.Studio.Orchestrator.Common.Services.CloudApiClient.InternalRequestAsync[T](Uri uri, HttpMethod method, HttpContent content, Func2 parseResponse, TimeSpan timeout, Dictionary2 headers, CancellationToken ct)
at UiPath.Studio.Orchestrator.Common.Services.CloudApiClient.RequestAsync(Uri uri, HttpMethod method, HttpContent content, TimeSpan timeout, Dictionary`2 headers, CancellationToken ct)
at UiPath.Studio.Orchestrator.Feeds.Services.OrchestratorPackageUploader.UploadToOrchestratorAsync(String packagePath, FeedModel feedModel, Int32 timeoutInSeconds, CancellationToken ct)
at UiPath.Studio.Orchestrator.Feeds.Services.OrchestratorPackageUploader.UploadAsync(String packagePath, FeedModel feedModel, Int32 timeoutInSeconds, CancellationToken ct)
at UiPath.Studio.ProjectPackager.Publish.Services.ProjectPushService.PublishThroughServiceAsync(IPushPackageConfig pushConfig, Int32 timeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at UiPath.Studio.ProjectPackager.Publish.Services.ProjectPushService.Publish(BuildPackageResult package, IPublishSettings publishSettings, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Studio.ProjectPackager.Publish.Services.ProjectPushService.Publish(BuildPackageResult package, IPublishSettings publishSettings, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at UiPath.Studio.ProjectPackager.Publish.Services.PublishService.<>c__DisplayClass42_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext(), HResult -2146233079

@Luis_Fernando,

Seems like some publishing services of UiPath are not working properly. Try to restart the machine and retry publishing.

Thanks,

I will try… But I did tried publishing other projects and they worked fine. So it has to be something especifically with that project

Ready, I tried still not working :face_with_spiral_eyes: :face_with_spiral_eyes:, and is kinda urgent.

@Luis_Fernando,

In that case services won’t be a problem.

What’s the size of the package you are trying to publish? Try to publish it to local folder and check. Orchestrator have some size limit of around 30 MB.

Thanks,

Should I worry about something if I upload the package manually? I tried manually and it did upload, but I’m not sure if maybe I’m losing something. First time doing it.

@Luis_Fernando,

Size is also within limit. There is nothing to miss if manually uploaded.

Thanks,

Thank @ashokkarale, Yet I’m worry about not been able to publish from Studio. Hopefully is nothing to worry about.

Thank you so much for your attention.

@Luis_Fernando,

Mee too curious about the possible reason. Any possible way to recreate the same scenario at my side?

Thanks,

Well I could send you the project. The only thing is that it works with google sheets documents. So you would have to create some demo configurations so you dont get any errors. Apart from that the project doesn’t contain any sensible data. Let me know

@Luis_Fernando you can try this if it helps, Are you using on prem UiPath or could ? are you connected with your server with local LAN?

The error message you provided indicates a timeout issue during the publishing process of a UiPath project. Here’s a breakdown of the error:

• Exception Type: System.InvalidOperationException - This exception is thrown when an illegal attempt is made on a component in a way that’s not consistent with its state.
  • Inner Exception: System.TimeoutException - This nested exception clarifies that the root cause is the operation exceeding a predefined time limit.

Location: The error occurs during the publishing of a Webox.Tracking.Inventario process to UiPath Orchestrator.

Possible Reasons for Timeout:

1. Network Issues: Slow or unstable network connection between your UiPath Studio and Orchestrator server can cause timeouts.
  2. Large Package Size: Uploading a very large UiPath project package can take longer than the default timeout threshold.
  3. Orchestrator Overload: If the Orchestrator server is overloaded with other tasks, it might not be able to respond to your publish request within the timeout limit.
  4. Firewall Restrictions: Firewalls on either your machine or the Orchestrator server might be blocking communication, leading to timeouts.

Troubleshooting Steps

1. Check Network Connectivity: Ensure a stable and high-speed internet connection between your UiPath Studio and Orchestrator server.
  2. Optimize Package Size: Try to reduce the size of your UiPath project package by removing unnecessary dependencies or libraries. Consider excluding large files that are not essential for the core functionality of your process.
  3. Increase Timeout Limit (if applicable): You might be able to configure the timeout value in your UiPath Studio settings or Orchestrator settings to allow more time for the upload process. However, this is not always recommended as it might mask underlying issues.
  1. Verify Orchestrator Server Health: Check the health and resource utilization of your Orchestrator server. If it’s overloaded, consider reducing the load or upgrading server resources.
  2. Review Firewall Rules: Ensure that firewalls on both your machine and the Orchestrator server allow unrestricted communication between UiPath Studio and Orchestrator.

Additional Tips

• Refer to the UiPath documentation for specific instructions on increasing timeout limits or troubleshooting publishing issues: Orchestrator
  • If you’re still facing issues, consider contacting UiPath support for further assistance. They might be able to provide more specific guidance based on your environment and configuration.

@Luis_Fernando,

That would be great! please share personally. Let me see.

Thanks,

1 Like

@mukesh.singh Thank you so much for this answer my dear friend!
Definitely will have to do my homework here, i’ll let you know if a find something that works, and will save this response, surely it will be usefull in the future.