Hello i am new in RPA i have some Excel Problem please solved Thank you

I have one month bank Statement in Excel format i want to find same type of transaction and count them also sum the amount of same type transaction and write in another excel file here only 4 or 5 row there for each type of transaction like upi atm etc in one column next column is the no of time and next column is the total amount

Hi @Deepmazumdar007

Welcome to UiPath community buddy

1. Use a excel application scope and pass the input as file path
  2. Use a Read range activity and get the output of type datatable named outdt
  3. Then We can use a filter datatable Activity and filter down the records for a particular transaction type and you can pass the input as outdt the variable that we obtained from read range activity and mention the column name under column field between double quotes and the condition we want like equals and the value of transaction type in double quotes as a string. Get the output with a variable of type datatable named Finaldt
  4. This would now contain only same kind of transaction…now use a for each row loop and pass the input as Finaldt and inside this activity use a assign activity like this
    Total = Total+ row(“YourColumnName”)
    Where Total is a variable of type int32 with default value of 0 defined in the variable panel

Kindly try this and let know whether this works or not buddy
Cheers @Deepmazumdar007

Filter Data table is not there in Activity panel and i also wan the total amount of transaction

It should be there buddy
May i know what version you are using
Cheers @Deepmazumdar007

it is not there

this is the data table

uipath v 2017.1.6522

aaha , this activity is actually available from 2018.2 buddy
Fine
if possible can you upgrade the studio version or install new Community edition
https://www.uipath.com/developers/community-edition

the reason is many activities where added next to this version you are using now, thats why
Cheers @Deepmazumdar007

Hi @Deepmazumdar007

There is a custom activity called Group by Aggregation where you can find in Balareva.Datatable.Activities package you can download it and you can easily provide the details for Aggregatecolumn and GroupByColumn,try this it is fast and you can get your solution in a single step

Thanks & Regards
A Manohar

1 Like