A month ago I posted here a suggestion to use UiPath BAPI activity without an additional installation of SAP dotNET Connector (NCo), only with SAP GUI for Windows. Today I tried a way to realize this which I want to describe here briefly:
- Download UiPath.SAP.BAPI.Activities.2.2.2.nupkg.
- Extract UiPath.SAP.BAPI.dll.
- Patch hex 03 00 00 00 00 00 2A 00 to 03 00 01 00 00 00 2A 00. This is the version number of sapnco.dll and sapnco_utils.dll in the AssemblyRef table stream of the PE. This hex code appears twice in the file. On this way you change assembly version from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168, the version number of the SAP NCo, which is delivered with the SAP GUI for Windows.
- Write the patched file back to NuGet packaged.
- Download ClosedXML.0.95.3.nupkg and DocumentFormat.OpenXml.2.11.3.nupkg.
- Install the BAPI activity via Managed Packages.
Now everything is done to use the UiPath.SAP.BAPI.Activity without an additional SAP NCo installation.
Be careful what you do. You are responsibility for yourself.
This confirms the possibility to use BAPI activity even without additional NCo installation, simply by using the SAP GUI for Windows.