Getting problem in Git Init(Could not find part of path)

Dear Forum members,

When i try to connect to git , i am getting this error

Can anyone help , its urgent .

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Sahil Garg

1 Like

Dear Members,

Any suggestion ?

Dear members ,

Any suggestion , anyone ?
Please help

I’m encountering this problem as well. I’m using Studio Pro 2020.10.2 and whenever I try to perform a GIT Init or a commit, I receive the following error message:

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\BlankProcessTestAgain\_git2_a12948'.

This happens on any project; existing ones, or new blank processes. I encountered this from the first time I tried to use the Git integration in Studio.

Another thing to note is that attempting a GIT Init on any project in Studio places a shortcut in the project directory (named something like _git2_a12948). This shortcut does not lead anywhere that I can find. When I click on it, I get a “Location is not available” error.

Any help?

Hi mate,
This question is from my old Id .
Still not got solution for that.

Forum members, any suggestion please if anyone can help ?

I have verified with @Charlie_Davis that we are running the same version of UiPath Studio Pro 2020.10.2 Community. I do the same steps to create a new project and do the git initialize and I do not get any errors. Also I do not see any folder/shortcut trying to be created. Is there something else added on or installed that is making it try and create this link ?

I have found this article _git2_ junction directory is throwing off dirty checks · Issue #1726 · libgit2/libgit2sharp · GitHub which appears to be related to the root cause of this issue. I do not know how to upgrade this library if it is being used by the core part of UIPath Studio. Still not sure why it would only effect only a few people so something else has to be different on your systems. @Charlie_Davis @Sahil_Garg1

Hi @Sahil_Garg1 and @Charlie_Davis , could you please help us with the following details?

• Could you please run a DiagnosticsTool report and attach the .zip file generated to this thread or send it to me via private message, if you feel more comfortable? You need to search for the UiPath Diagnostics Tool from the Windows Startbar, and just follow the wizard.image
  • Could you also please mention what OS (exact version would help) and .NET version you are running on?
  • Are you maybe using some other GIT tool deployed on your workstation? If yes, what is it?
  • Do you have the Microsoft C++ 2015 Redistributable x86 installed on your workstations?

@Sahil_Garg1, what action were you performing when you got the error?
Thank you so much for your help!

Hi,
Am Trying to use Git version control system, but getting this error.

Please find the Diagnostic Zip file.
DiagnosticToolExport-24-Nov-20.zip (1.9 MB)

1 Like

Hi @Sahil_Garg1, I was referring to what actions from GIT in particular - I noticed that you had a project opened in your screenshot above - were you maybe trying to switch branches? commit something? just opening a project under GIT? or the same GIT init action reported by @Charlie_Davis.
Also, thank you so much for the DiagTool. I browsed through the logs but it seems that there is no GIT error in the Studio.logs. Could you kindly perform the action you trigger the error with, then run the DiagTool again and attach it here? It would greatly help us in our debugging purposes.
Again, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, I was Trying Git Init to connect to Git.

Please find new DiagnosticZip FileDiagnosticToolExport-24-Nov-20.zip (2.0 MB)

Thank you for you help.

1 Like

Thank you so much, @Sahil_Garg1!

I’m not sure if there is an accepted answer, but I solved in this way:
I created an empty folder called “testing” which apparently is the non-existing folder pointed by the shortcut git2something

Now it seems to work fine

1 Like

The following steps will be useful if some one has trouble connecting to Github from UiPath.

Pre-requisite: Create a remote repo in Github and keep the HTTPS URL for the repo ready.

1. After you have created your project in UiPath, Click on “Add to source control” and perform a Git Init on the project folder.

2. Click on commit and UiPath will ask you to sign in to Github.

3. UiPath will ask you to provide the Github Repository path and a name.

4. Provide any name and the above-mentioned Github HTTPS path and click save.

5. The changes will be committed to your local repository.

6. Now push the changes to the remote. UiPath will ask you to sign in to Github.

7. Use the username and token code option to log in. Please refer to the following tutorials to generate the Github access token code.

1. Login with the Github user name and the generated Github access token code.

2. Once you have connected successfully, the changes will be published to your remote repository.

3. Start creating a branch and crack on slight_smile:

Note: If you have created your project before creating the remote repository and need simple steps to push your changes, then create a remote repository in Github as mentioned in the pre-requisite and then follow the above-mentioned process.

If you are creating a remote repo first before creating the automation project, then the process is much easier. Clone the remote repo (with Git Init) to one of your local folders and then create the UiPath project in the same path. UiPath will recognize the Git initialize automatically as soon as you point to the folder.

Hope this helps!