Getting error while connecting to the database

Hi, I am trying to connect to the database, I have the credentials and the server name. but I didn’t find any database name, without selecting the database name. I am just testing but it’s giving me the below error popup.

@Lahiru.Fernando @Palaniyappan @lakshman

Note - The server name, username, and password are correct.

2 Likes

@balkishan,

Are you giving correct SQL server instance to connect with the database?

1 Like

I think yes, I have the username, password and the server name, I want to connect my machine with the client database. They have provided me SQL 2008 configuration.

this is the error getting while connecting.

Hi

There are many possibility for this error .

1. Your port is blocked in Firewall (1433).
  2. sql server browser service is not running.
  3. Sql TCP/IP is not enable in sql server configuration.

check with all above Possibility is its solve your issue.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, I can’t check because this database things on client side. I am using my local machine only. I have even not connected with the VPN. From my machine I want to connect their database.
As mentioned above I have only login credentials and the server name.

Hello,

Try to connect this database in Sql server management studio. if its work in SSMS studio then it also work in uipath.

you have to ask your client to check for Sql server browser service is running on that machine and TCP/IP port is enable and also check for forewall for inbound rule for 1433 port number.

Thanks,

1 Like

you meant to connect with the same configuration on my local SQL Server Management Studio Right?

hi,

yes, in local system SQL Server Management Studio.

1 Like

Hi
In your sql server before running a query you will be selecting a database to ensure where to run that query right…
We need that database name to be mentioned here
And it must be mentioned by you and only we will be able to test the connectivity

Kindly check once in your sql server for database name as to run a query in sql server it will be run under a database

Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

Hi Palani, Here I am not able to see any database name.
It’s giving a blank value.

1 Like

You can enter either
@balkishan

1 Like

No
Not there
Mention your database name here

Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

@Palaniyappan

hi,

If yout test connection successfully, then its fill database name combo automatically, if Test connection give error then issue in connect server.

Thanks,

1 Like

Yes, I tried without giving any database name, but it’s giving me the same error.
What can be the cause for this error. ? Bcz I don’t have any access to check in the SQL Server as It’s on client place only.
@Palaniyappan

Fine
Where you able to run the query in your sql server
@balkishan

1 Like

Bro, I am not able to run any query, As I don’t have any access to the SQL Server, I will only when I will be able to connect to the database.I am connecting from my local machine. This SQL all setup is on client place, only they provided me the Login credentials and the Server Name.

Then do we have a chance to get the database name alone
If that is provided we will be able to connect here
Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

Hi @balkishan,

Did you check does your client enables the SQL connection to connect from the outside networks?

1 Like

Okay, let me ask them bro.
@aanandsanraj yes I asked to enable this also if not enable in the setting.

1 Like