Get position value from excel

hii all,

I have a column (date). and I want to get the position of cell in which cell date is written.
I want only cell position.
pls help.

Buddy @arpita2

do you mean the range of that cell or
the row column index of that
Cheers

hii @Palaniyappanposition_date.xlsx (8.5 KB)

here is excel file.I want only position of cell like A2,A3 etc.where date is written

1 Like

Hope Its resolved @arpita2
here is your xaml buddy
modified buddy @arpita2
cellvalue.zip (17.6 KB)

Cheers

did that work buddy @arpita2

hii @Palaniyappan
it should give me A2,A3,A4 as output.
but it give me B1,C1,D1

1 Like

i got like that only A2,A3 for the excel you send @arpita2
See @arpita2

Cheers

any issues still @arpita2

thanks @Palaniyappan, for your help.
but
I want date is anywhere in excel and bot only get the position of that cell in which date exist.
like anywhere D1, E7 etc.
only that postion of the cell where date exist not even the empty cell.
Please help

position_date.xlsx (8.5 KB)

here is excel sheet ,date exist only A5,B7.
I expect that cell position as an output.not the empty cell .only where date exist.
Pls help

1 Like

its resolved buddy @arpita2
here you go
cellvalue (2).zip (18.0 KB)

kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers

2 Likes

thankyou very much @Palaniyappan
its working

1 Like

Thats great @arpita2
Cheers

:+1: @arpita2

Hi @Palaniyappan,

I am stuck with a similar sort of situation. I need to search with a date in excel and get the cell position. I tried your workflow and it’s not working in my scenario. The date format in excel is the dd-mmmm-yyyy format, but couldn’t find the cell position. I think it’s not working as the date in excel is Value(date format).

When I do a date search normally in my excel using ctrl F, I need to select ‘Values’ in Look in: option for getting the result.

Could you please work out what needs to be changed in your workflow (in If condition under While loop) to get my result.

Thanks in advance.

Anoop

1 Like

If possible can I see the input like even an image is fine
Cheers @anoop.mohandas

Thanks for your quick response.

Input will be today’s date or any past date.I want to search the below excel with today’s date or past date and input the below columns of that date.

Below is the image of the excel/spreadsheet where I will be inputting the data in the corresponding search date columns.

I tried the if condition as - cashflowDT.Rows(cashflowDT.Rows.IndexOf(row))(counter).ToString.equals(Now.date.ToString(“dd/MM/yyyy”))

But not getting any output. even no error.

Instead of today’s date, if I want to pass a previous date through a variable, then what changes need to done on the If condition.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.