Fuzzy Lookup Excel

Hi there,

I was currently build a rpa for fuzzy lookup add-in in excel using UiPath. As I know there are quite less info regarding to this fuzzy lookup and so I decided to use the most simple way that is click activities to perform the fuzzy lookup activities. However, I keep failed on indicate the screen. Is that any way to perform/automate this fuzzy lookup using UiPath? Or how am I going to resolve the indicate screen problem?
I hope there’s someone could help me on this problem as I’ve been stuck on this for quite long time :cry:
Attaching both my .xaml and .xlsx files: Excel 1.xlsx (10.6 KB) Fuzzy Look Up.xaml (27.4 KB)

Thanks and best regards.

Hi @yushinchan!

If I’m understanding your question correctly, you’re trying to run the Excel Fuzzy Looking addin through your worklow. While I’ve never used the Fuzzy Lookup addin in Excel, perhaps you could create a macro for whatever you need to do with the Fuzzy Lookup and then execute it using the “Execute Macro” activity?

If that seems like it wont work, then perhaps you can do the fuzzy matching in your workflow using this activity and then carry out the necessary actions in excel based on that result.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood your question, and let me know if there’s anything I can clarify!

Hi @Jeremy_Woffinden

I could try this using “execute macro” activities but I failed to find the macro vba script for that fuzzy lookup process. Do you have any friends or anyone are master in macro vba so that could help me on this? I could appreciate it so much as I have been stuck here for quite some times :cry:

Thanks and best regards.

Hi
We got an Option with excel application under view tab with which we can record the manual drag and activity that we perform inside the excel which will get converted to a vb script
That we can copy, save it in a txt file and read that with READ TEXT FILE activity and get the output with a variable of type string named str_input
—now use this string variable as input to INVOKE VBA activity

Cheers @yushinchan