Future of VB.NET on UiPath

with the announcement that Microsoft will no longer evolve VB.NET as a programming language, what will the future of VB.NET look like on UIpath?

1 Like

It already support c# !

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, but either way it’s a shame! even more for being c#

1 Like

Unable to get you @Cristianlt

@Cristianlt Eventhough Vb may get removed from the UiPath programming, but still you can do the requirement with C#. Also you can integrate either java,python,powershelll etc to meet the requirements.

Will see whether UiPath will adopt some other programming language as well to make it more flexible.

1 Like

@Cristianlt

Hello Cristian,
with a little delay, welcome in the UiPath Community.

In the context of the question What programming language should be learned with RPA we discuss also the using of VBdotNET. Microsoft has further developed VBdotNET, contrary to the announcement not to do it anymore.

If you are interested in details, you can find more about IL code and the choice of programming language here.

Best regards
Stefan

2 Likes

@StefanSchnell
Wow, from what I understand from your VB.net answer, it will have a long lifespan in UiPath, am I right? If so, that changes everything for me and my team, and we can use UiPath as our RPA development tool.

We prefer not to continue betting on MS and we have not adhered to C#, we have moved our entire ecosystem to JavaScript and Rust, but we will keep our legacy systems in VB.NET

If I understand your answer correctly, it looks like I can definitely bet on great UiPath/VB solutions.

1 Like

@Cristianlt

Hello Cristian,
yes, that’s how it seems to look. Of course, I don’t know how both UiPath and Microsoft plan to proceed in the future. But as far as I can assume, it can not be “switched off” that easily. Please talk with your pre- or aftersales service from UiPath, if you have specific questions or concerns here. The UiPath colleagues can help you to answer your questions quickly and safely.
Best regards
Stefan

2 Likes

@StefanSchnell

Once again, thank you very much for responding and giving your opinion.

I will do that, I will contact the sales team.

Gratitude

1 Like