Free image or file from zombie process

I usually find it hard to delete images that are used by a completed process. I don’t know how to kill the process but I was able to track down which is the activity the start the process. Here below you’ll find an example of the Assign activity:

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 16.36.24

And when I’m trying to delete with the following activity:

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 11.01.28

Not always but sometimes, I get the following error:

To keep the whole process running I’m using the “Continue on Error” option of the Delete activity but it’s not ideal in the long run.

Do you have any clue on how to free that image/file from process to safely delete it?

@ogourari
is killing the blocking process an option for you

Otherwise maybe you can be more defensive and look with Process.GetProcessesByName for the process and within a limited loop (For each on Enumerable.Range(1,10)) and a delay e.g 10 times can be chedked if the process is still running or now is terminated

1 Like

Searching with Process.GetProcessesByName was also an idea I tought about but, how can I found the name of the process based on the fact that I know:

1. the name of the image
  2. the activity that employ the image (the Assign activity)

@ogourari
IS IT an unknown Applikation or an random blocking Applikation.

Can you Tell more about the flow of your Implementation?thanks

1 Like

Thanks for your help. It’s just an assign activity and there’s not external application involved. 've updated my original post with some screenshots to better clarify the workflow.

No one ever encountered a smiliar error?