Form doesn't update a grid build on a data table from Read Range activity

Thanks @loginerror.

This is a possible workaround and in my opinion, might be a better alternative that can be controlled external to the Robot as opposed to the option of adding code inside the Robot to convert the source DataTable from “Object” to “primitive”.

Personally, I would avoid this conversion unless absolutely necessary because the Robot has to have knowledge of the mappings between the incoming Object datatype and its primitive counterpart.

1 Like

I suppose, given the input is excel data, you could quite safely map all data table columns with objects to another data table with strings.

Yep! That is how I build DataTables instead of using the Build DataTable Activity. I have a generic sequence that contains VB code that accepts a string of column names as input and returns a datatable as output. All input columns are considered as String. I maintain the list of CSV column names in the config.xlsx file.

This keeps changes to my Robot code minimal.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,

I have 2 questions about this. I am using Create Form Task, and send the tasks to orchestrator, the project is about sending the tasks (100), and then get all the tasks from orchestrator and see the human changes one by one. What activity can i use to recover all the orchestrator tasks and see the contents of each one individually?

Other question, and I leave my topic here (How to Edit Inserted Table in Action Center - #4 by paras.gera), I insert a table into task form, but my problem is that i cannot edit the table contents in actions, the table fields are blocked. Can you help?

convert json to datatable

Small update - the team has looked into the issue and a fix should be coming in one of the future versions of the package :slight_smile:

1 Like

Currently running into the same issue. But not only that, there are other issues with creating form tasks as well.

I used build data table to create a datatable (duh) added it to the form via data grid and ran the workflow once.
Then I changed the data table and added/removed a few columns. When running the workflow again, the task actually had the old columns still there. It did not change it to the new format. I had to go into the form and do some changes to the data grid (I think any change will do) in order for the form to change.

Haven’t spent too much time on this yet, I’ll update this comment once I’m 100% sure it’s reproducable but there are definitely a lot of weird things goin on with create form task.

@loginerror Has this error been fixed? Because my dynamically created datatable (I think the type is object) definitely does not work.
And if it’s not fixed, could you please add this to the documentation somewhere?