Find element and get attribute

Hello All,

a very basic question. When do we use the “Find element” and “Get attribute” activities? Can someone please quote use-cases where you use these activities?

Thank you
Hara

2 Likes

@Hara_Gopal

• Find element activity is useful when you want to identify a an UiElement from a screen.
    Lets say, I have to find a text box. I can use that activity. The output will be of UiElement type. the output can be used instead of selectors for activities like Type into or click,

• Selectors have attributes. When you need to get the value of an attribute , you will use Get attribute. You will have to pass the Attribute name to retrieve the value.
    For example, I have radio button. I need to know if it is selected or not. Then, I will spy that element and pass the attribute as “checked”, I will get the value of the element.

5 Likes

@Hara_Gopal If you still have any queries, post it. Else, Mark the answer as solution please.

Hello Sugumar,

Thank you for the response. Are these genereally used together ? or can they be used seperately … can we loop thru’ the findelement output/get attribute output ?

Thank you
Hara

@Hara_Gopal Need not to be used together. They are independent.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.