Filter option from excel

How to select the filter for particular column in excel and scroll down to select options.

I prefer using datatables for this purpose.
Do a ā€˜Read Rangeā€™ first and then you can use the datatable.select method to filter the rows you want.
This returns an array of datarows that you can use in a for-each loop.

Yes, there are cases where datatables canā€™t be generated due to the size of data. youā€™ll need to use hotkeys in that case.

Data is huge so.Iā€™m unable to do thatā€¦ plz tell me how to set hot keyā€¦ is it possible to set since I need to scroll down to select option

.[quote=ā€œakhi_s27, post:2, topic:2787, full:trueā€]
I prefer using datatables for this purpose.
Do a ā€˜Read Rangeā€™ first and then you can use the datatable.select method to filter the rows you want.
This returns an array of datarows that you can use in a for-each loop.

Yes, there are cases where datatables canā€™t be generated due to the size of data. youā€™ll need to use hotkeys in that case.
[/quote]

Hey @kla

How much huge is your data ? for better performance and data handling you should prefer datatable and for your knowledge

According to MSDN DataTable Class ā€œThe maximum number of rows that a DataTable can store is 16,777,216ā€, surprisingly, the page is not showing limitations in terms of MBs

and if your data in a table format then you can use "Filter table " activity fro excel category.

Regardsā€¦!!
Aksh

1 Like

Hi @kla Data Tables is the best preferred option to filter and sorting out the data. how much data it can be u can follow thatā€¦

if u want to learn the head keysā€¦ you can follow thisā€¦

Steps:

1. Goto A1 and Type that Column Num to be filteredā€¦
  2. Next Select Entire Row by Ctrl+Space
  3. Next Give Alt+Down to filter menu

I used macro to filter the data since Iā€™ve more than 100 columns in my excel and the data use increase every week.

Can able to print selected columns from outputdata Table?

No it will capture entire data without filterā€¦ Filtered alone cant be captured in DataTableā€¦

Hi, akhi_s27 ļ¼Œ
Do you have same handbook to help me to understand ā€œhow to use datatable.selectā€ ?
thanks very much!
I try my best , but i didnā€™t write a right code which can run it .