Scenario: File not found exception when searching types
Steps to reproduce: Type a letter into the “Type Name” field of “Browse and Select a .Net Type”
Current Behavior: Throws exception
Expected Behavior: Should not throw exception
Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: 2016.2.6344
Last stable behavior: Never
Last stable version: None
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1).
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc): 4.0.30319.42000
I’m receiving this error message, indicating something is not right on my system:
I just noticed that I was using a file UiPathStudio.exe (55.4 MB) for installation, while the link on the webpage (“If you do not receive our email at all you can download it here.”) points to UiPathStudio.msi (45.4 MB).
I uninstalled UiPath and reinstalled using the UiPathStudio.exe. The problem remains. I noticed that the executable does not ask for elevated privileges, so it gets installed in “AppData\Local\UiPath”.
I uninstalled UiPath and reinstalled again using UiPathStudio.msi. This one asks for elevated privileges so it can install in “C:\Program Files (x86)”. In this version the problem is gone.
So it’s obviously a bug in “UiPathStudio.exe” after trying to do a non-admin installation (I haven’t tested an admin installation). I would suggest fixing that or removing that file so users don’t download that version of “UiPathStudio.exe”.
what kind of user were you using, maybe that one had some restrictions causing the issue
.exe is the community edition, while .msi is enterprise (it will expire in 30 days)
this is not a known issue/bug/defect etc as i`ve already mentioned.
I didn’t realise those were two different versions. After installing the enterprise version, this bug has disappeared as well:
I think we found 2 bugs in the community edition (I’m also not the only one that described those problems). It could be a problem related with the installation process or, if the code base is different between community and enterprise, the code itself.
I get the “File not found exception” even when running UiPath as admin. So this issue is not caused by the restrictions of my user account.
Even if this is not a defect in your product, if the community version doesn’t integrate correctly into the user environment, I think you still want to fix that (and somebody else ran into the same issue, so it’s not just my environment).
as long as this issue does not reproduce in our test environments, we consider it related to your environment. in order to investigate more, i need clean logs when running the installation from %LocalAppData%\SquirrelTemp