'File Change Trigger' activity not working with '.xlsx' file

excel
activities

Hi There,

Using ‘File Trigger Activity’ to trigger something whenever there is a change in the excel file (.xlsx). ‘Change Type’ is set to ‘Changed’ and ‘NotifyFilters’ is set to ‘Last Write’.

Tested it with text file(.txt) and it looks working fine there. However ‘Event Handler’ doesn’t execute when the file is an excel file. Isn’t this activity supposed to work with all types of files?

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

Hi Rammohan,

I tried creating small workflow and it is working for me, however when I update xlsx file, it is showing message box for 5-6 times. I am not sure why it is happening. If this workflow is not working in your uipath studio, I would suggest you to update excel and dependent packages. FileChangeTrigger.xaml (5.7 KB)
Test.xlsx (7.7 KB)

attached workflow and sample file

Thanks for the reply,

That happens with me for the text file, but message box appears twice instead of once.Also, I do have the updated package of ‘UiPath.Core.Activities’.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

Can you please share your workflow and test file? I will test in my system to understand behavior

Its exactly the same as yours. I am just using a ‘File Trigger Activity’ with a message box inside the ‘Event Handler’.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

Do you know why message box trigger multiple times ?

Hi @Rammohan91

How did you solve this issue?

Looking forward to your reply.

@Jolin Unfortunately No. I stopped trying that.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.