#FeatureBlog - 19.11 - Schedule Attended Process through Agent Desktop

I totally agree with you, If UiPath allows scheduling of Attended robots the number of customers buying orchestrator will go down! Also, in all the marketing content they put out, they should call the feature as “Set reminders to Trigger Attended Processes” instead of referring to it as “Schedule Attended Processes on Agent Desktop”. I feel it’s misleading to call it “Scheduling”.

Regards,
Nithin

7 Likes

Hi,
Will this reminder work even when PC is on sleep mode?

1 Like

No it won’t.

1 Like

Hi guys,

First of all, sorry for naming this feature “Scheduling”. The purpose wasn’t to create wrong expectations. It just felt like a scheduler for us :sweat_smile:. We will change this in the next release. Thanks for letting us know that the name isn’t right.
Regarding the auto-start: this product is meant to be used in attended scenarios; this means a human will work on the same machine thus making it improper to start a process out of the blue. The human may do something else when the process was scheduled or may even be in a call, and that’s why we cannot steal his mouse or display an Excel containing private info without her explicitly saying that this is OK.

Thanks again for your constant feedback. It helps a lot to know that every time you make a mistake, there is someone out there that will give you a heads-up! :bowing_man:

6 Likes

Hi

This features reminds the user to run the process.
Is it possible to run the process automatically without user input when the time comes?
Can we expect any such feature in attended robot

Regards
Nagarjuna Karanam

1 Like

i see nothing in robot window. it shows offline. could you plese help? i’m using community version 2020.4.

thanks!
Chen

@zouchen007

Connect this Robot machine with Orchestrator and then try it. And also make sure create Robot of type Unattended.

Hi @zouchen007

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Please make sure to perform a clean installation of your Studio Community Edition.

It would seem that it is still the old version (as the new version 2020.4 should have the UiPath Robot renamed to UiPath Assistant) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @lakshman @loginerror
I installed version2020.4 Studio Community Edition but not found schedule widget,
look…

@dante

It’s there. Select the required process, frequency, Time and date to schedule the process.

it will send me confrim pop , can`t run automatically… so how to do this

Hi @dante

Please see the official response a few posts above :slight_smile:

thks :grinning: i will use orchestrator to do this

2 Likes

i think its a reminder but not scheduler :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi,
With UiPath Assistant able to execute processes as PiP, please could the Product Team have another look at this scenario?

I have 3 Processes that can be executed individually during the day by a user from UiPath Assistant. They will execute as PiP so that the user can work while the processes execute.

There is also a “Start of day” scenario and an “End of day” scenario, where the user will want all 3 processes to execute in order. From a user’s perspective they want to initiate 1 process, which will then cause all 3 of the individual processes to run in order. The user will logged on, and the processes are specific to the user, so is not an “Unattended” scheduled process scenario.

In my view it is the “Automation” of UiPath Assistant activity.

I look forward to the feedback.

Regards, Dave

Hi @DavidMartin

Personally, I would create the fourth process that executes the processes from the Assistant in the desired order and run that:

Hi Maciej,
Thanks for the suggestion.
I have been looking at the Marketplace item - Central Controller Template, as that appears to offer the sequential execution of Processes. I have not yet managed to get it working but I am still trying.
Regards, Dave