#FeatureBlog - 19.11 - Schedule Attended Process through Agent Desktop

So the update that leaves the automatic scheduler hasnt come out? When to leave would have to warn on this topic? Because I think a lot of people are waiting for this update.

Thanks

1 Like

@lakshman
Im new to UIpath, Can you pls help me to understand by giving more detail on point1, I dont see system tray. where i can find.

Go to System Tray and click on UiPath Robot icon. In this Robot window, you will find two widgets.

1 Like

@asatheeshk21

Go to Start and search for UiPath Robot and click on it. Then you can find UIRobot icon in System Tray.

Hi Lakshman,

@lakshman When i opened this i could see the process but im not able to see the schedule widget.Can you please suggest. Also i want to run it on daily basis. Please suggest.

1 Like

@asatheeshk21

Could you please go to Help section in UIPath studio and help me with screenshot. Need to check once what version of UIPath studio did you installed it. If you want to use this feature then Uipath Studio version should be more than 2019.11

@lakshman.

Please find the below

1 Like

@lakshman If im not using the latest version. Can you pls share the link to upgrade the latest version .

1 Like

@asatheeshk21

Login to below site and then go to Resource Center page. Here you will find an option to download latest version of UIPath Studio.

https://platform.uipath.com/

Note: Uninstall current version and then install this new version.

@lakshman Still the same after the upgrade also. Please see below.

See this also

1 Like

@lakshman Can you please suggest what needs to be done. Still the issue persist

1 Like

@asatheeshk21

Have you uninstalled old version ?

@lakshman yes uninstalled old version and then installed the new version. Also one more thing want to mention here that i am not able to see that UIrobot in windows option. I went to this path to run the Uirobot.exe “AppData\Local\UiPath\app-19.12.0-beta0061\UiRobot.exe”.
I did twice uninstall and then installed still the same issue. When i checked the UIstudio it is app19.12.0 and also in that Uirobot path and went i ran there also UIrobot 19.12.0 only. But still the same issue. Please suggest

1 Like

@asatheeshk21

If possible we can connect through Skype or Zoom. So that you can share screen with me. Then only I can help you where it went wrong.

@lakshman Sure, can you please mail me in this email id asatheeshk21@gmail.com.
I will share the details

1 Like

Hello guys,

Good News :drum: :drum:

Agent Desktop feature was released in Enterprise Edition of UiPath studio also. Install latest version and to work with this new feature.

5 Likes

Is the option to not show the reminder and instead just have the bot run implemented yet? Wondering for both community and enterprise edition. (Not orchestrator just in the robot)

1 Like

@lakshman - Thankyou so much for this explanation.

2 Likes

Hi, does the machine with Agent Desktop installed need license in order to start a job?
My use case is that business user will start the robot from his machine but the process itself will run in a back office robot (server).

2 Likes

My Thoughts on the Feature:

I feel it’s not scheduling, It’s just a reminder !. I was expecting it would behave like an unattended bot & start the process at the schduled time. But, thats not the case though. Robot will generate a reminder at the set time & the user has to click on the “Play” button for the process to start.

I strongly feel we should let the business users schedule processes attended robots. Customers who don’t have orchestrator will get increased value. Up until 2018.3.3 we could schedule processes on attended robots with task scheduler.

Regards,
Nithin

3 Likes

THIS!

This is the best purpose for the Agent Desktop. The current functionality is kinda useless. Attended robots are mostly run on demand anyways. Why not add automatic start? Uipath really wants their customers to be required to buy Orchestrator, so if they wont give us this feature why sell Orcestrator and robots separately at all?

4 Likes