I’ve gathered here most of the license errors that we have encountered during Studio activation. Please feel free to complete the list by replying to this post.
“Device Id already activated, trial not allowed after code activation”
“Certificate or receipt missing”
“No Error. License status: Server License Expired”
- Community edition needs a refresh every 12 weeks. This means that you have to renew your free license by sending your details using this link: UiPath. - only if you had never activated Studio with a license key, meaning you only selected Start free option the first time you activated Studio
- The Trial license will expire in 60 days. After this period, if you want to continue using UiPath Platform, you will have to make a request here - select Service request - Licensing. - only if you had previously activated with a Trial key
“SOAP host can’t be resolved”
“Error connecting to activation server. Please use offline activation”
This error is due to the firewall blocking the connection between your machine and the activation server from UiPath.
“There was an error trying to reach the activation server. You might be behind a firewall. Please contact your network administrator and retry later. Optionally you can try Manual activation”
Try removing HTTP_PROXY environment variable from your computer… Details in this post: Error while activating UiPath Community Edition - #4 by Sri_harsha_Bhasuru
“SOAP client has invalid date”
Update system date.
“Server returned invalid XML”
Try opening Studio with Administrator permissions. And also check if you are behind a firewall.
“NSL library could not be initialized”
Please check and make sure you have full permissions on %programdata% and the Documents folder in
C:\Users\Public. If you don’t have admin rights on that folder please request them internally. If you can’t find the Documents folder in
C:\Users\Public please create it manually. After this you should be able to activate.
“Error initializing licensing library”
Note: When you click “Activate license”(meaning if you have a license key), if you attempted to activate UiPath once but it was unsuccessful, then the License data was also written incompletely. In order to solve this issue and get Studio up and running please proceed to the below steps:
- Go to
%program data%and delete the License folder from the UiPath folder - this will ensure you start a clean install
- Start Studio
- Select the “Activate license” option
- Insert the license key / trial key
- Select “Manual activation” and follow the steps described in the article below accordingly. Keep in mind that you will need to have access to a computer with an internet connection for manual activation.