Failing to read the Excel file through Orchestrator job process

Hi,

I have a process , which reads the user data from an Excel file and then save the data to a website to register the user.
When I am using the process through the UI studio the execution is successful, however, when I am trying to do the same using Orchestrator, getting an error as sheet doesn’t exist

Error Details:

Info: “Execution error : System.ArgumentException: The sheet does not exist.\r\n at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.SetSheet(String sheetName, Boolean createNew)\r\n at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelInteropActivity`1.BeginExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)\r\n at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)\r\n at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)\r\n at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)”

I have mentioned and kept the excel file in the desired location, also all other excel files are closed, but the job is getting failed at the beginning while trying to read the excel file as unable to find sheet.

Do i need to keep the file in a specific location? or need to modify the path

Hello,
Please check the sheet name which you mentioned is correct or not…otherwise File path or file name is incorrect that’s why your getting this exception.

thank you

Yes , i have provided the correct path, sheet name.
It is working correctly, when i am running the same process through the studio.
but it is not working in Orchestrator

when your running the same process from Orchestrater are you Running in the same Machine (one which you run manually in studio)? or in Different machine?

I am Running in the same machine in which I have configured my bot.
What i found that, while running through the Orchestrator need to make the excel file path as Absolute , not relative. Relative path works in UI studio, but in Orchestrator need to make the path as absolute.

It is resolved now.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi,

Can you guide me how to make file path as absolute?? I am also facing same issue

@Lawrance_A @Ajju @sain87

Please let me know the solution. I have the same issue.

Thanks

Hi @robot2

While passing the file name , you need to pass full path of the file like c:\user\desktop\test.xlsx

Try the to resolve the folder dependency

Regards
Ajay

Hi Ajju

Thanks for your reply. I have the fullpath still have the same error.