Failed to update Uipath Studio

My current Studio version is 2023.10.1 (on Windows 10, 64bit)
When I try to update , I get this error:

When I try to remove the current Studio installation, I get this:

Where the “Use source” is indicating the .msi installation file which I have deleted long time ago and I can’t restore.

When I Browse the “Use source” to the installation file of the latest version which I’ve just downloaded from UiPath site, I get this:

Isn’t it possible to remove UiPath Studio without having the origin installation file?
If so, how can I get the installation file of UiPath Studio 2023.10.1 ?

Thanks

Hi @Udiar

welcome to the community

1. Close any open instances of UiPath Studio.
  2. Open the Control Panel and navigate to “Programs and Features”.
  3. Find UiPath Studio in the list of installed programs and click on it.
  4. Click the “Uninstall” button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.

If the uninstaller prompts you for the original MSI file, you can try searching for it on your computer. Typically, the MSI file is located in the folder where you originally downloaded and installed UiPath Studio. If you are unable to locate the MSI file, you may need to download it again from the UiPath website.

After uninstalling UiPath Studio, you may also want to delete any remaining files or folders associated with UiPath. These may be located in the following folders:

• %localappdata%\UiPath
  • %programdata%\UiPath
  • %programfiles(x86)%\UiPath
  • %appdata%\UiPath

I hope these steps help you successfully uninstall UiPath Studio from your computer.

Regards,

@Udiar

Navigate to control panel-> programs and features and then uninstall it from there

Else try with cmd to uninstall

Cheers

Thanks, but this reply doesn’t offer any relevant info to my issue.

@Udiar

Uninstall it completely and then try to install again

cheers

Hi @Udiar ,
You can uninstall studio then install agains
regards,

Hi @Udiar

Try uninstalling the studio from setting and install it again.

Regards

Thank you, uninstalling from cmd worked well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.