Failed to create a 'accuracy' from string 0.5

studio

#1

Scenario: Automating images and using different culture info

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Create a project where you change the culture info. (Assign where you place system.globalization.cultureinfo.currentculture = system.globalization.new CultureInfo(“Es-es”)
  2. Create a workflow where you use any image exist or any activty related to image (the problem is related with accuracy)
  3. Run the project where you first change the culture and then call the workflow using image related activity .

Current Behavior: gives an error

Expected Behavior: ¿work?.

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: 2017 last version.

Last stable behavior: never works
Last stable version: never probably
OS Version: Any
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):

The solution probaly its just to change the current culture before and after in any activity where you cast types that needs fixed culture types. This problem will extend to any other activty using casts from number or dates.

Other solution would be to use always string as input when you are working with numbers/dates but probaly not the nice one.


#2

Hello, now I have this problem, but I have tried doing the defore steps


#3

hi diego your problem is with culture info, uipath had an issue when you change the culture info (i don´t know if you actually change it manually) just place an assign where you:

system.globalization.cultureinfo.currentculture = system.globalization.cultureinfo.InvariantCulture (this is from memory so it could be mistaken)


#4

Hello, I have solved this problem, but for my surprise was relationed with a read range that I done inside of the XAML,I think this is a bug.


#5

Hi Diego

Can you elaborate on the solution, I have a similar problem and would like some pointers :slight_smile:

Best regards Mikkel


#6

hi @Yumwzsch you should check your code. The problem is related to converting from one dataType to another inside an activity. In my case its related with changing cultureinfo (language formaatting options).
You probably should check exactly which activity is giving you the error and check all parameters.

Give us some information about your error, when and why you think is happening :slight_smile:


#7

First off, the problem went away when i removed some OUTCOMMENTED code from the xaml-file.
Second the code worked if i ran it directly in the robot (not invoking it via the “invoke workflow file”-activity).
But to conclude, I think the issue we had is unrelated to yours (though im not sure if there were a datatype conversion in the outcommented part we removed).