Extract the data from website which changes dynamically

In the attached image,
The currency calculator will change dynamically for every conversion,

Can I please know which activity will be used, for that functionality.

Hi @sushmithaelluru,

Use UiExplorer to get the exact selector and use dynamic selector using *.

And also you can use screen scrapping to get the value.

Regards,
Arivu

Am using Get text activity but getting span element, and unable to open UI selector @arivu96.

Hi @sushmithaelluru,

In aaname you cane assign as *

aaname='*' and title also *

Use the below selector

<html app='chrome.exe' title='*' /> <Webctrl aaname='*' tag ='SPAN'/>

Regards,
Arivu

1 Like

@arivu96, This is not gonna work, it should at least have an anchor to know which field it should get the text from. Just having tag=‘SPAN’ will not be enough I’m afraid.
@sushmithaelluru, can you provide the URL from the page, or a screenshot with UI Explorer indicating the field?

Hi @evangemert,

Yes you are right. @sushmithaelluru use UiExplorer to get more attribute from the selector like CtrlId or idx so you can get the value.

Regards,
Arivu

Ok @arivu96.

can you provide the URL from the page, or a screenshot with UI Explorer indicating the field? @evangemert, can you please brief it again !!

What is the website where the calculator is?

https://www.x-rates.com… this is the website. If we click run button on the first input box, can see the calculator.

Try using the following selector in a Get Text activity:

<html title='Currency Calculator*' /><webctrl tag='SPAN' class='ccOutputRslt' parentclass='ccOutputBx' />

If that doesn’t work, you can also try a Get Attribute activity, for the attribute ‘aaname’.

Using Get text, am getting the same value extracted every time but the value will changes for different currencies conversions in the calculator!! so, which activity must be used for dynamically changing value!!?

@evangemert, can you please check into this xaml file, tried from my side.

Main.xaml (27.2 KB)

Thanks in advance.

For some reason I can’t download the xaml file, but here’s a sample workflow that works. It uses ‘Get Attribute’ to fetch the attribute ‘aaname’, using the selector I mentioned above. Let me know if you have any questions :slight_smile:

Main.xaml (5.1 KB)

ok @evangemert.