Extract information from screen scraping activity results

Hi everyone,

I am new developer to UiPath and facing some issue and require help.
I am using the Screen Scraping activity for webpage. The results of the Screen Scraping activities return all the data from the webpage. However, I only want to take some of the information from the string results of the Screen Scraping activity and store in a data table.
Appreciate help from anyone on this. I found some of idea like using Regular Expression, but I am not sure on how to use it as I am new.

Below the image of the results return by the screen scraping activity, the information that I want is highlighted in the box.

The output should be in data table like below.

House Type Unit No Complaint Action Needed
SLATE DELUXE 17 House tiles BROKEN and EMPTY at kitchen area Perform Inspection and send technician if needed replace with new tiles
SLATE REGULAR 3 Pipe leaking [level 2] Perform inspection by piping contractor If {pipe} is short, developer will cover Else Contractor will be responsible on the cost and replacement work
AMERALD KIST 90 Room door scratch and not able to close properly Change new door

Hi @Iz_Yay ,

To Select only the Parts of the String required, we would need to Group them based on a Pattern, and then we can use RegEx Pattern to get the Required Output.

It would be helpful if you could provide the Data in the Image as a Text file, so that we can work on it and Suggest a RegEx solution that would work.

Also, Have you tried using the Data Scraping on the Webpage or the content that you wanted to extract from the Webpage?

I also have tried to use data scraping, however the data from the webpage not able to use the data scraping method.

I am not able to upload attachment since I am a new user.
I try to paste the data here:

Title Annual Residency Report
Report Date: 01-13-2022 09:57:36
ID
A928019
VERSION
TITLE
Annual Residency Report M10
STATE
ACTIVE
DESCRIPTION
Home Owner Complaint

SLATE DELUXE
House tiles BROKEN and EMPTY at kitchen area

ACTION NEEDED

Perform Inspection and send technician
If needed replace

with new tiles

SLATE REGULAR
Pipe leaking [level 2]

ACTION NEEDED

Perform inspection by piping contractor

If {pipe} is short, developer will cover

Else

Contractor will be responsible on the cost and replacement work

AMERALD KIST
Room door scratch and not able to close properly

ACTION NEEDED

Change new door

@Iz_Yay Is the Home Owner Complaint a constant term in all of the files that you want to Extract and does the data you want to extract appear after this Keyword ?

Home Owner Complaint is not a constant term but the DESCRIPTION is the constant term.
The data that I want to extract is all after the Home Owner Complaint.

Hi @Iz_Yay ,

Apologies for the Late Reply. If you still haven’t found a Solution. Take a Look at the Workflow that I have devised below.

Extract Words between.zip (4.5 KB)

I have used Both String Manipulation and Regex to achieve the Desired Output.

I have taken into Consideration the following conditions/Patterns :

1. The Data to be Extracted is after the DESCRIPTION keyword. So the First Description Keyword found to the End of data would be our Extraction Part.

2. An Observed Keyword would be "ACTION NEEDED" . Making use of this Key I was able to create a regex to extract First 3 Data that we would need.

3. The House Type value is Expected to be a Single Line Data.

4. The Unit No will be present in a Single Line (No Other data present along with it).

5. The House Complaint would be Present between the Unit No Section and the ACTION NEEDED Section.

6. The ACTION NEEDED data is between the ACTION NEEDED Keyword and the the Next House Type Value.

Take a Look at the workflow, Let me know if you still need more explanation after you have Checked it.

Also, Test it for all the Sample Data that you have, to make sure it will work for all cases.