External component has thrown an exception

I am using Database activities package. In connect activity, when I configure connection in configuration wizard, I select MS access database file and browse and selected access database file (Accdb extension). Then, I click on Test connection button.

Connection Provider: Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0

Error message : External component has thrown an exception

If I use Microsoft.Jet.Oledb.4.0 and mdb file, connection is succeeded.

How do I connect with 12.0 and accdb file by resolving the error.

Some information regarding to your error (here instead of visual studio we are using uipath studio) -

This will usually occur when the build configuration platform in Visual Studio is incorrect, this can occur in both build configuration platforms, x86 and x64.

This is due to a mismatch between the build configuration platform of your project and the Microsoft Access Database Engine which is installed on your machine.

In order to resolve this error:

• Change the build configuration platform in Visual Studio
  • make sure it matches
  • the Microsoft Access Database Engine version on your machine
  • Recompile and run your project
  • The run time error should now be resolved

Ref - c# - OleDbConnection gets "External component has thrown an exception." - Stack Overflow

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

Thank you for suggestions.

I do not have visual studio installed in the machine. It’s just Uipath studio enterprise.

I checked Microsoft access application about form. It shows: Microsoft access for office 365 MSO 32-bit

there are two connection providers in my machine Microsoft.Jet.oledb.4.0 and Microsoft.ACE.Oledb.12.0

• the Microsoft Access Database Engine version on your machine - Should I install Oledb.16.0 as my access application version is 16.0.