Expression activity type 'VisualBasicValue'1' requires compilation in order to run

Hello

I have this string, it’s quite long but this is a part of it:

Equipotential Bonding Satisfactory Yes Is there a Thermostat Cutoff Yes Equipotential Bonding Satisfactory Yes

To get the first “Yes”, I’ve used an assign - strString.Split(“ “c)(3) (the “yes” may change to no or N/A so I thought the best option would be to get the appearance). However, when I run this, I get this error:

Any suggestions on what I’m doing wrong?

Nevermind, I split the string to an array and used arrayNew(3) instead :slight_smile:

alternative: just check, if this part is in the string or if it is missing: str.Contains("Equipotential Bonding Satisfactory Yes")

Hey

It was in the string, I had a write line on the whole string before that activity. I was just after the 4th word, no idea where that error came from!

Thought I’d solved it… but I’m getting the same error when I’m assigning an int to System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Matches(strAppliances,”mbar").Count

These are my Imports to do with visual basic:

What’s going on?! Do I need to Import something else? Or update something? The new update has made UiPath such a headache

Hi @Short

Remove all double quotes and manually enter it once and check again

Regards
Sudharsan

Hey

Without the quotes it assumes it’s a variable and can’t find it

Thanks

Hi,

This issue is caused by double quote except " (0x22) in Windows project. So, can you try to replace all double quote with " (0x22)?

Please also check the following post.

Regards,

1 Like

You need to replace the double quotes manually after removing @Short

Regards
Sudharsan

1 Like

That’s such an odd change to make to UiPath… it’s worked but my keyboard only has " which don’t work, so I’m having to copy and paste the new quotes. Do you know if this will change in future updates?

Hi,

I’m not sure when it will be fixed. But I hope UiPath guys handles this soon because there are many people face same issue.

Regards,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.