Explorer Expert feature requests

• Standalone/portable version: As a recorder I want to launch the latest binary from a website or share so I don’t have to involve IT for installation and save time
  • Secure recording: As a recorder I don’t want my username and password to be recorded for security reasons so it won’t be shared with others
  • Merge sequences: As an editor I want to merge sequences in case they belong together e.g. asterisk added to window title
  • Split sequences: As an editor I want to split a sequence into multiple ones to create more business logic aligned sequences
  • Move screenshots: As an editor I want to move screenshots between sequences to better align them to the business logic
  • Multilingual documents: As a recorder and editor I want my texts (names, titles, descriptions) to be automatically translated into a secondary language so I can share it directly with a foreign language business analyst or developer
  • BPMN support: As the CoE I want all process descriptions/recordings to be standardized according to the latest BPMN standard for common understanding, reuseability and automation
  • Edit smart data: As an editor I want to correct wrongly captured smart data about the process statistics (execution time, number of steps, text entries etc.)
  • More application details: As the CoE I want more details about the used application and operating system like name, version, 32/64 bit to gain a better understanding of dependencies and possible reuseability
  • Automatically save to repository: As a recorder I don’t want to care about saving to a repository, exporting, sharing, versioning which should be done by the application automatically in the background
  • Complete mandatory metadata: As the CoE I want all recordings with completed and meaningful title, author, description fields to eliminate additional work

Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion. I added it to our internal ideas tracker for our team to consider.

1 Like

@Pablito Following up on this - I would really love to be able to Split/Merge sequences and move screenshots around. Any updates if this is going to be available any time soon?

Best, Carsten.

Hi @cfh,
Welcome to the Community!

We are constantly improving our products and listening to feedback. A lot of things changed since this one was requested :slight_smile:
Process creation is not that easy task and we know that sometimes the conception can change and require some re-arrangement. That’s why we implemented a functionality called Object Repository. Please check it. With its capabilities, you can easily build your own set of reusable objects that can be used in other XAMLs, sequences and projects. Each object can be edited with a new screenshot, selector etc. Additionally, there is a possibility to build libraries based on which you can create your own selectors with canvases that will work as you designed them.

These all possibilities have been made to make building automation even simpler.