Execute multiple process one after other using one Robot

Hi,

I have 6-7 process which needs to be executed one after the other. All these process are complex with big workflows and lots of variable used. I need to execute these process one after the other using single Robot.

Please suggest how can I achieve this. Does it needs to be in single RE Framework or can we have multiple RE Framework for each process.

1 Like

Hi @mohammedamaan

You can easily use a controller workflow to achieve this. The controller will have a list of processes that you need to execute and it will take care of it so that you don’t need to run them one by one.

I have also developed a custom template which is published in Go! which performs the same thing :slight_smile:

You can easily use it for your scenario as well…

https://go.uipath.com/component/central-controller-template-for-sequencial-jobs

Let know whether this helps :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi @mohammedamaan.

I was once in your situation.
If the processes are deployed in Orchestrator, you can use @Lahiru.Fernando’s component:

However, if it is not, what you can do is create a batch file for each process that will trigger the process.
After doing that, create a batch file that will trigger those batch files sequentially. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Or alternatively you can consider using Orchestrator API to trigger from within your workflow with Orchestrator HTTP Request activity if you have built some software previously. This approach requires building a proper json payload and calling API etc. Maybe one of the toughest options but once it is developed it runs smoothly…

Here are some usefull links

1 Like

Hi @mohammedamaan

I think an orchestration feature will arrive in the next version :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you all for the response. I’ll try the solution and will update how it’s working

1 Like

Hi Loginerror

Maybe I’m overseeing something, but I don’t see this feature in the orchestrator yet? or am I missing something?

1 Like

Hi @Michaeljep

It is already available, see here:

Hi

I have only looked at it briefly, but it seems to be a lot of work that could have been done much much easier. But I’ll have a closer look during the week.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I create a bat for echa process.
Then i create a bat that start /w (each bat)
But only executes first bat

I was able to create a master .bat with the code below that calls other .bats that trigger reframework processes individually:

cd “\directory\bat1”
call bat1.bat
cd “\directory\bat2”
call bat2.bat
cd “\directory\bat3”
call bat3.bat

Being bat1, bat2 and bat3 each of the individual .bats. It worked out!