Exclude a value with Filter Table in Excel

I need to filter an excel table but exclude one of the names (e.g. Harry) in it with using Filter Table activity. It does a very good job by filtering the given input, but when it comes to exclude one of the items in the list, I couldn’t figure out how to do it.

In this example, I can write all the other values except Harry in FilterOptions and it’s done. But my case is that I don’t know the exact values, they are dynamically reproduced in the selected excel.

Any suggestions? If doing this is not possible with this activity, than is there any other best practices?image

1 Like

@Jenni_K Can you try the Following Steps :

1. Use Read Range to Read the Excel File as a Datatable, say DT.

2. Then use this Expression in an Assign Statement :
    nameArray = DT.AsEnumerable.Where(Function(x)Not(x(“Name”).ToString.ToLower.Equals(“harry”))).Select(Function(y)y(“Name”).ToString).ToArray

Where nameArray is an Array of String Type.

1. Try using the nameArray variable in the Filter Options and check if it works
2 Likes

Thank you very much for giving me the idea of using an array variable as an input to the FilterOptions.

Creating a DT and ruling out the value which I want to exclude. Then assigning it to an array works for me.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.