Excel based followup logic

Hi team,

I am working on huge data on the basis of invoice column in my excel file.
I need to process 200 transaction on daily basis with each transaction I have to send the followup on company tool.
But their is a problem after 3 days those records which have been already processed bot need to send another followup.
After 3 days of 2nd follow up bot again need to send 3rd follow up .

Any suggestion?

@Luffy

If you are using queues…you can add a wueue item with postponed date so of 3 days so that the item will be available after 3 days and you can send again

If you are usign only excel…then maintain two columns one for last date the mail was sent and another for counting the follow up…

And everytime when reading check the values and decide accordingly to send an email or no…

Once all follow ups are done just change the follow up column to no…so that you need no process those items again at all and can filter them away

Cheers

Hello @Luffy Welcome to the UiPath Community Forum

Frankly, I will vote against using Excel for the following reasons:

1. As you mentioned, you are processing 200 transactions daily, so I think the process is designed as multi-bot architecture. In that case, excel will be a dependancy and the solution won’t be scalable.
  2. High Processing time if the transactions volume increases in future.
  3. There are chances of loss of data

UiPath Best Dev practice guides to use Queue for processing transactions and it offers scalability with prevention of data loss.

Attaching is the screenshot of the scenario, that may be useful in your case.
Capture

At last, you should discuss internally what will be the best approach forward with the DEV team.

Thanks

for this approach i am not using multi bot architecture.
Could you please help me to understand that postpone queue item approach like where i have to ise the postpone activity and what variable and argument value i have to pass.

@Anil_G @shantanu_chande
i understand how can i use the postpone activity in my process.

But i unable to understand, let say if a transaction process on 26 Jan it will send first follow up today okay once the transaction is successful.
I will add 3 days by using postpone activity.

Then on 29 feb when bot pick the same transaction (Question 1- then how could bot know that he need to skip few parts in the process and only need to send 2nd followup on company tool). then add 3 days using postpone activity.

Again on 1 feb bot will pick the same transaction and send 3rd follow up (Question 2- I only need 3 follow up per transaction and after 3rd followup I need to set the status as complete without postone activity)

@Luffy

You will add a new queue item with postponed time…and in the new queue item you can add a field or specific content which will serve as a flag to make you understand if it is first follow up second or 0…

and in process.xaml before processing item check that field value and accordingly decide what to do

For example you can add follow up field with 0,1,2 values…if 0 normal process, if 1 follow up mail and add queue item…if 2 then only follow up mail and do not add queue item

Hope this helps

cheers

@Anil_G
can you please share the sample workflow?
for me to better understanding the approach.

@Luffy You won’t mark the transaction the transaction item successful until the 3rd followup and keep on postponing the transaction.

But as you mentioned again that you are not using queue in your flow, this scenario won’t work for you. You need to follow the excel approach as per @Anil_G and maintain two columns, Followup Counter, Status which you will check every time before sending the followup. If the Followup Counter = 3, you will mark status as successful otherwise postponed.

Thanks.

@shantanu_chande
I am using queue in my process.
please share the sample workflow for the same.

@Luffy

This is how it looks

Sequence4.xaml (13.7 KB)

cheers

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.