Excel Application Scope: The write operation failed, because one of the following reasons: ► The data you want to write "=FILTER(SEQUENCE(ROWS(A:A)),(D:D=$K$2)*(F:F=$J$2),"")" has a wrong format; ► Excel is busy;

When I write this formula “=FILTER(SEQUENCE(ROWS(A:A)),(D:D=$K$2)*(F:F=$J$2),”“)” in excel using write cell activity I’m getting below error. Can someone please help me with the syntax? What is the right format here?

Excel Application Scope: The write operation failed, because one of the following reasons:
► The data you want to write “=FILTER(SEQUENCE(ROWS(A:A)),(D:D=$K$2)*(F:F=$J$2),”“)” has a wrong format;
► Excel is busy;
► If your data is a formula, make sure you use comma as parameters separator;
► During the write operation make sure no dialog windows are opened.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

This is formula error. Could you pls try formula like below. Thanks.

“=FILTER(SEQUENCE(ROWS(A:A)),(D:D=$K$2)*(F:F=$J$2),”+CHR(34)+CHR(34)+“)”

If still not working check your formula manually in the excel ans see whether it is throwing error or not.

Hi,
If I write my formula in excel manually it doesn’t throw error, it works fine. But in UiPath it is throwing the format error.

Write the exact formula in notepad save it as text file . Then read and write to the excel … Hope it works …

Hi,

Did you tried with replacing double quotes with CHR(34). Thanks.

Yes, I did try your formula too with CHR(34), getting the same error.

Thanks.

Hi,

One suggestion from my end can we remove the $ from the formula I think it is not required and try. Thanks.

I tried with and without $ signs, facing the same error.

I tried with saving the formula in .txt file, reading the formula from .txt and stored in a variable.
Write that variable in excel, still having the same format error.
I am out of options ;-(

Finally, figure out the cause of the issue.
It is the Excel version, currently Filter Function only available for Office 365 subscribers.
I realized that our development environment excel version was Standard 2019. That is the reason I was getting that wrong format error.

Thank you all for your suggestions and answers.

Great … Happy Automation :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.