Errors could not be solved after migration of a legacy app to vb app

I created a simple Legacy App (to check how migration works), it takes two number inputs and display a message after clicking on the button. I used value binding and ran process in background. All is good.

Now, I migrated the app to VB using the icon on the App. I see 4 errors, two for the number input controls and one for button (where I have added rule to run the process) and other one for the message label. I was able to make the needed changes for the button and the label and error is gone.

But, for the number inputs where I have done value binding, nothing could be done as the field itself is not visible. Ideally, it should automatically remove the binding and should not display the error.

Only way, I could continue is to remove the control and add new one.

Can anyone help?
Original App:

Migrated App:

Hi @preethi_murali

Please check on this doc

https://docs.uipath.com/apps/automation-cloud/latest/user-guide/migrating-legacy-apps-to-vb-expressions

Hope this helps!!

Hi

Thanks.

I understand that the value bindings are not supported in VB Apps. I am not sure how to delete or modify the value binding/expression, as I am not able to see that property in the General/Events/Style Panel.

The only way to remove the error was to delete the control and do it again.

Hope this elaborates my exact problem.

Hi @preethi_murali

→ The Value binding option is removed from the VB UiPath apps.
→ In the VB Apps click on the Control which you want to modify in your case it is Type control named as Enter Number one Type.
→ Open the events tab which located at right side and Click on edit rule.
→ Click on + symbol and select set value, create a variable Item to set option and in value give MainPage.Text1.Value.

The above will stores the entered value in type control saves in the variable like value binding.

Check the below image for better understanding,

Hope it helps!!

Hi
Thank you for the detailed steps. It works fine when we create a VB App directly.

But, still my problem is not solved as I am creating the VB App by migrating the Legacy App.

I am not able to remove the error on the controls in the App which I created from the Legacy Application using the “Migrate to VB” option.

Thanks

Have you tried the above steps after migrated to vb? @preethi_murali

Hi

Yes. Kindly check if steps are correct.

1. On Page Load - I am assigning value

1. In the display message I used the expression.

I have not used the button. When I create a similar app directly with VB Option. It is working fine.

Thanks

Set value is used to store the value which is entered in type control in a Variable like below,

You are directly assigning the value. @preethi_murali

Hi

Thanks. Found a workaround.

1. Migrated App – Removed the Rules in Find Greater Button and Text in Display Message – No Error is displayed.

1. Deleted the Process as I don’t want to use it anymore. – Error Appears

I was stuck here.
3. I clicked on the “Undo” icon. – Error Disappeared.

Then everything is working fine.

Thanks