Error in using Get Outlook Mail Messages: Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))

Hi ,

The Get Outlook Mail Message activity is throwing the error as below :

Get Outlook Mail Messages: Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))

The Code is in Production since long time but never faced any issue. Neither did we made any changes in Code or in Outlook Settings.

I’ve referred a couple of topics in UiPath Forum requesting Solution for Same error , but couldn’t find any solution.

Kindly help me in resolving the issue. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Sasidhar

Hi @Sasi23

Sure, I can help you with that. The error message Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT)) means that the Get Outlook Mail Messages activity was unable to complete the operation because it was aborted. There are a few possible reasons why this might happen:

• The user might have closed Outlook or logged out of their account.
  • The user might have changed their Outlook settings so that they are no longer able to access their mailbox.
  • There might be a problem with the Get Outlook Mail Messages activity itself.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following:

• Check to make sure that Outlook is running and that the user is logged in to their account.
  • Check the Outlook settings to make sure that the user has access to their mailbox.
  • Try restarting the computer and running the workflow again.

Hope it helps!!

Hi @pravallikapaluri ,

Thanks for the quick response.

I’ve actually verified all the mentioned Root causes :

1. User is Logged in in the Outlook. (It is a Shared Mailbox , so we have added the User to another account in the Outlook)
  2. The settings are not changed. I have verified Manually that the Mailbox is accessible for the User Account whose Mails are to be extracted.
  3. Tried Upgrading , downgrading and Re-Installing the Package.

I have tried restarting the System as well , but still the issue persists. :frowning:

Regards,
Sasidhar

@Sasi23

Check this docs,If there is any issue with the get outlook activity.
https://docs.uipath.com/activities/other/latest/productivity/get-outlook-mail-messages