Error in Folder Exist

Hi All,
Need help of Folder Exist activity.

I am getting error in Folder exist activity. My Folder path exist as well as its correct in config file but still getting error

“Shared Drive Disbursement folder Path Exists: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

“Object Reference not set to an instance of an object” means your varaible isn’t initialized or doesn’t exist. Without being able to see the full expression my guess is you don’t have an OutputFilePath in in_Config.

Do you get this error at runtime or while coding? What kind of message do you get when you hover on this icon?

Did you try deleting this “Path Exits” activity and recreating it from scratch?

Actually now that I think about it, if you didn’t have an OutputFileName in in_Config it probably would give you a “key doesn’t exist” error. You probably don’t have in_Config passed properly. Are you just running CopyingInputFilesToLocalFolder.xaml? You can’t do that if it has input arguments. There won’t be a value for those arguments.

You never get an “object reference” error when coding. It’s always a runtime error.

I actually did. It was an internal bug, the activity was corrupted because of some unknown reason that I wasn’t able to figure out, but recreating it did the trick. Happened to me a few times. Can’t recall which Studio version I was using (probably 20.*)

Duplicate

Cheers

@marina.dutta Try to delete the Activity and add it back again manually (not undo):

Hope it works for you

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.