Error: Cannot find UI Element

Hi All,

I am new to UI Path and today is my 1st day. To learn the UIPath tool i am trying to replicate a task where i need to generate an excel containing the name, age from a fake name generation website "https://en.namefake.com/"

Its generating the 1st column of name without any issue but when i am trying to fetch other column like gender its giving below error:
Cannot find UI element corresponding to this selector:
Exception Type: UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException.

Any pointers on the same would be appreciated. I tried google before asking here but i am getting examples of notepad and website (open browser activity - which i am already using).

This is selector issue. Your selector is incorrect. Bot is unable to get the text according to the selector you have given to it. Share your selector here

Exact error is:
Cannot find UI element corresponding to this selector: webctrl aaname = ‘1977-06-05’ tag=‘DIV’ /

Hello @ghazanfar

Below is the screenshot of the same.

change the tittle in the selector to “*namefake.com *” .
And look at the webpage aaname =1977-06-05 or it is change when you run the bot.

I am unable to edit the 1st line where its using the url en.namefake.co
and for the 2nd line i am not sure how it generated the aaname … I have created a variable “age” which i am using. Below is the screenshot of the webpage

Dear Team,

I believe there is some problem is using the website name as its getting considered the promotion. Please let me know how can i edit the post to remove the same. I am unable to edit it.

Dear @ghazanfar

I am unable to edit the 1st line where its using the url namefake one
and for the 2nd line i am not sure how it generated the aaname … I have created a variable “age” which i am using.

first of all copy the selector from target field . and delete it from the field then paste that selector into that selector field you will be able to change the first line.

Second if the age is changing or there is no element with name 1977-06-05 on website then it will throw can not find ui element error so first manually check whether it is appearing on website or not.

1 Like

Hi @ghazanfar,

I got your point. Firstly when i am copying the selector its only copying below line:
webctrl aaname=‘1977-06-05’ tag=‘DIV’ /
2nd, its getting generated on its own when i am following the process of using “Get Full Text” activity. What should i do to resolve the same as you are correct this date is birthday for different people and would be different for them.

Hi,

Can you try the following?

Sample20200928-1v2.zip (2.4 KB)

img20200928-2

Regards,

you need to select different properties in the selector. like table row and table column , instead of age. use get text activity. To get the age

Hi @ghazanfar - Thanks i will try the same and let you know as well.

Hi @Yoichi

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am unable to use the Y character as in your screenshot. Could you please guide me what can i use instead of it?

Hi,

Did you have any exception when run the above workflow?

Which UiPath version do you use?

Regards,

Hi @Yoichi

I am using UI Path Studio Pro community.

Hi,

I am unable to use the Y character as in your screenshot.

Oh, it’s because of OS localization matter.

Can you use the following string?

<webctrl aaname='\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}' tag='DIV' matching:aaname='regex' />

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @Yoichi,

Sorry for late reply as there was some limit for max reply for new joinees. After altering to above statement its generating the same data in all rows.
Name
After capturing the 1st row … its supposed to click on button which will generate the new record at website and then generate the new row in file.

Hi,

I suppose there is something wrong with logic.
Hope the following sample helps you.

Sample20200928-1v3.zip (3.5 KB)

Regards,

Seems like you are using ‘Get Full text’ instead of using ‘CLICK’ activity to click on Generate button on the webpage.

1 Like