Error 80040154 "Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID..."

I created my first process, chose Open Application, and am now clicking the “Indicate window on screen” link, which produces this error as soon as I click the link. I saw that others had this problem and fixed it by reinstalling, but I’ve reinstalled about a dozen times and have restarted just as many.

Any ideas?

May be unrelated, but is it normal for the application to take a full 2 minutes or so to close after clicking the X in the right hand corner?

Hi
Kindly try once with start process activity and pass the file path of the file as input property filepath
— or if the error still persists the downgrade the packages in the design tab → manage packages → project dependencies-> upgrade or downgrade the versions to your studio version
— or install newer version of uipath
Platform.uipath.com → enter a common authentication like enter any of your gmail account mail I’d and password and enter the portal and click on resources tab from where we can download the newer version

Hope this would help you
Kindly let us know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @James_M

Using “Start Process” with the “C:\Windows\notepad.exe” allowed me to open Notepad, but the link still does not work. I’m also having to use the task manager to kill UIPath about half the time, and even when it closes on its own, it takes a full two minutes for it to close.

I literally just installed this today, so it’s the latest version (2.6.2). I just downgraded to 2.6.1 and it’s still closing really slow and the “Indicate window on screen” link still is not working.

Obviously I could use the Start Process activity workaround, but isn’t the Open App function supposed to work?

It’s not like open application won’t work
It may be due to packages incompatibility
As you were uninstalling make sure that .nugget Folder is also removed
Cheers @

“It’s not like open application won’t work.” - But that is the problem.

What about closing UIPath? Is it common for it to take 2 minutes or more to close, or for it to freeze and require to be killed with the task manager?

Turns out, deleting the .nuget folder (for me, was in “C:\ Users \ username \ .nuget”), allowed me to reinstall UIpath with a working version. Works fine now. :slight_smile:

That’s what suggested here
Cheers @James_M

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.