Enable to get specific text from pdf file

Hello All,
I am a new in RPA. I have an issue with the extraction of a specific text from a pdf file.
I can get all the pdf content by using the activity “Read PDF Text” but couldn’t get a specified string.
For example, bellow the content in my pdf file :

“My name is mehdi, I am a software engineer and my birthday is the 01/01/1980”

I want to get the value “01/01/1980”

Can I have some help please ?
Thanks

getDateFromPdf.xaml (5.9 KB)

Regex.Match(strInput, “\d{2}/\d{2}/\d{4}”).Value

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you so much for your answer. but the date was only an example in my request.
Sometimes I get other texts.
For example in my pdf file i have a long text and I get to get a special string, how it can be done ?

Thanks.

1 Like

Share the sample pdf file and provide the data you want to get from it.

You have to do string manipulation from output string or using regex you can the required output.

Please refer this topics for better understanding,

For regex:

Thanks!

Can we have an example of such text if possible
Cheers @MehdiRifk

Hello,

I am not able to attach document because I am new in the community. But bellow the text in my PDF file.

“Changes in business requirements, market conditions, or technology may cause changes in the Product Backlog. Multiple Scrum Teams often work together on the same product. One Product Backlog is used to describe the upcoming work on the product. A Product Backlog attribute that groups items may then be employed. Product Backlog refinement is the act of adding detail, estimates, and order to items in the Product Backlog. This is an ongoing process in which the Product Owner and the Development Team collaborate on the details of Product Backlog items. During Product Backlog refinement, items are reviewed and revised. The Scrum Team decides how and when refinement is done. Refinement usually consumes no more than 10% of the capacity of the Development Team. However, Product Backlog items can be updated at any time by the Product Owner or at the Product Owner’s discretion. Higher ordered Product Backlog items are usually clearer and more detailed than lower ordered ones. More precise estimates are made based on the greater clarity and increased detail; the lower the order, the less detail. Product Backlog items that will occupy the Development Team for the upcoming Sprint are refined so that any one item can reasonably be “Done” within the Sprint time-box.”

The text that I want to get is “the Product Owner and the Development Team collaborate”

Thanks

Hello @Palaniyappan

I am not able to attach document But bellow the text in my PDF file.

“Changes in business requirements, market conditions, or technology may cause changes in the Product Backlog. Multiple Scrum Teams often work together on the same product. One Product Backlog is used to describe the upcoming work on the product. A Product Backlog attribute that groups items may then be employed. Product Backlog refinement is the act of adding detail, estimates, and order to items in the Product Backlog. This is an ongoing process in which the Product Owner and the Development Team collaborate on the details of Product Backlog items. During Product Backlog refinement, items are reviewed and revised. The Scrum Team decides how and when refinement is done. Refinement usually consumes no more than 10% of the capacity of the Development Team.
The term scrum was introduced in the context of product development by Hirotaka Takeuchi. However, Product Backlog items can be updated at any time by the Product Owner or at the Product Owner’s discretion. Higher ordered Product Backlog items are usually clearer and more detailed than lower ordered ones. More precise estimates are made based on the greater clarity and increased detail; the lower the order, the less detail. Product Backlog items that will occupy the Development Team for the upcoming Sprint are refined so that any one item can reasonably be “Done” within the Sprint time-box.”

The text that I want to get is “tHirotaka Takeuchi”

Thanks