I might have a chicken/egg problem which I could not solve up to now.
Following is envisaged.
- a Java/Applet is used to generate tickets;
- each ticket (with a unique ticket id) needs to be printed as pdf and then saved.
- Identifying the repesective java window is not reliable and workflow is terminated.
- read out window title as text in a variable;
- put this variable as dynamic selector into the subsequent activities using this window to read out further text/press buttons/etc;
- note: “Attach Window” activity is the only one left which uses the below non-dynamic selector (although ticket id (like: #123456) is already made dynamic with asterix ‘*’ (see error info below)
Workflow keeps on breaking down from time to time with either error info:
Error,Unattended,"360T.Load.CSV Part: Could not find the UI element corresponding to this selector: wnd app='java.exe’ cls=‘GlassWndClass-GlassWindowClass-*’ title='Ticket for # '/>
The closest matches found are:
|[67%] wnd app=‘java*.exe’ cls=‘GlassWndClass-GlassWindowClass-'/>
|[67%] wnd app='java.exe’ cls=‘GlassWndClass-GlassWindowClass-’ title=‘Product Definition’/>
|[67%] wnd app='java.exe’ cls=‘GlassWndClass-GlassWindowClass-*’ title=‘Home Screen’/>
Error,Unattended,360T.Load.CSV Part: Invalid UI node.
Read out of text title is done via:
- Attach Window (with following selector: ’ wnd app=‘java*.exe’ cls=‘GlassWndClass-GlassWindowClass-*’ title=‘Ticket for # *’ />)
- Output stored in a Window variable
- Titel read out via .Get(“title”).toString
Can someone give an advice how to read out the respective window title without being required to identity the window with the above selector?