dotNET 7 Assemblies Not Visible in Manage Packages

According to the plan of Microsoft dotNET 7 will be released on 11.11.2022. I have taken this as an opportunity to download the current release candidate 1 of dotNET 7 and run some tests with it, in the context of my custom activities for UiPath.

I tried the UiPath ClassMathCustomActivity example, which works perfect in Windows Legacy compatibility mode (TargetFramework net461) and in Windows compatiblity mode (TargetFramework net6.0-windows7.0).

1. Compiling of the source with the TargetFramework net7.0-windows7.0 works perfect, no problems all works as expected.

2. The unit test of the library in a debugger, without any other runtime environment, works perfect and delivers the expected results.

3. Building of the NuGet package, according to the same scheme as with dotNET 6, is without any problems possible.

4. Now I want to add the package via Package Manager into my UiPath workflow, but I can not see the package, the list is empty.

As far as I can say it seems not possible at the moment to use assemblies, compiled and packed with net7.0-windows7.0 TFM, in UiPath. I am aware that dotNET 7 is not yet released as a stable release for production. But it won’t be long now. Therefore my question: Will the next enterprise release of UiPath offer the possibility to use dotNET 7 compiled assemblies with the TFM in the NuGet package?

In the Marketplace is shown as Runtime greater than … This implies that all dotNET versions greater than … are supported.

But it seems that the Package Manger of the Studio differentiates here. Is that really the case?

Addendum 26.09.2022: This behavior also occurs in the current release 22.10.0-beta.10400.

Considering that our Studio/Robots are based on NET6 I would say it’s expected to filter the net7. This is an unknown target for .net6 applications.

1 Like