Document Understanding - UiPath OCR Error when Digitizing

Hello,

When running our Document Understanding Automation, we often receive the below error on the ‘Digitize Document’ Activity.

We are using the ‘UiPath Document OCR’ Engine and the ‘UiPathDocumentOCR’ Enpoint.
This does not always happen but occurs more with some users than others.

Error:

Document UnderstandingException occured when digitising document - Error - <System.Exception: An unexpected error has occurred —> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. —> UiPath.SmartData.Digitization.Tokenization.TokenizationException: XXXXXXXXX —> System.Exception: Error performing OCR: Error while copying content to a stream. UiPathOCRErrorRunningEngine —> UiPath.CoreIpc.RemoteException: Error while copying content to a stream. UiPathOCRErrorRunningEngine —> UiPath.CoreIpc.RemoteException: Error while copying content to a stream. —> UiPath.CoreIpc.RemoteException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.

Would anyone have any idea why this error occurs?

Thanks

Can you test the same files across users and check if all users get the same digitization error in the same document?

If some users can digitize it and some can’t, you might have to check the server response timeout and size of the documents allowed to be sent per user according to your automation suite or server configurations.

For the same document, my colleague gets the error whereas for me it successfully digitises and moves onto the classification step.

I will have a look at the server response timeout

Yes please do. Since you can digitize the document, it means there’s no issue in the API call. The issue should be in your colleague’s server allocations.

Just to confirm, would we have this issue even if we are running attended, locally on our laptops?

It impacts the VM of the server or your laptop (if that’s where your code is) where the automation runs. This is where you might need to check, RAM, storage and speed. Do open a ticket if you have UiPath support on your license, and they will help to identify which of the machine support requirements you might need.