Different browser zoom level caused automation failure

Hi All,

I found a similar topic (Chromium API method fails if the browser zoom is different) in the forum but not answered.

I have a bot that works in Chrome with default zoom level, however, when I attempt to run the bot in another PC with different zoom level in Chrome, the bot failed.

The bot works again only when the zoom level set to default.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hey!

What’s the resolution of the both PC’s?

What do you mean by zoom?

Are you talking about the maximize window?

We have an activity called maximize window try this

Regards,
NaNi

This looks like a bug for me as we faced the same issue as mentioned. And currently the zoom is adjusted manually.

Hi,
Apologize for being vague, I had updated the post with screenshot for easy reference.
I’m not sure about the resolution of the another PC at the moment as it is in different facility and no one is using it.

I’m referring to the page zoom in Chrome

And one more point, resolution is not a factor in this case. As when I change zoom in the same machine where it is developed it was not working.

Hi,

Surprising!
What I have done to bring you to this post :laughing:

I will get scolded very badly by my boss if I would do it in such a manual way. No offence.

Plus, this is not an ideal solution for my situation, the bot is intended to deploy to users in different facilities so some of them are using larger zoom size for easy viewing.

Hopefully, there are experts out there to help on this issue.

:sweat_smile:The link Chromium API method fails if the browser zoom is different which you posted was drafted by me.

Btw I’m not suggesting the above as solution, just letting you know what we did as part of the issue.

Hey!

What’s the default zoom? Ok mean what is the percentage of default zoom when we opened the chrome?

We can do adjust the zoom percentage by sending the Hotkey (CTRL → +)

If the default zoom size is fixed we can do that by using send hotkey after opening the browser…

Can we try like this?

Regards,
NaNi

Hi,

Default zoom is 100% but some people may have different zoom percentage for their viewing preference(which caused the issue here). I’m trying not to modify/amend their whatever setting to accommodate my automation.

Send hotkey may be the last resort if there is really nothing I can do with the activities properties setting.

As in my scenario, the bot will read data and then write to field box in Chrome.
When zoom percentage is not 100%, I can see the field box got activated by the bot but no words were typed into.

Resolution: Type Into: Click with “Chromium API” is not supported for this element. Please use other input method - #19 by vlad.coteanu