Did anyone manage to solve exercises with the “Copy to clipboard” command?

Where can I find the Send Hotkey option in Studio X?

Hi Bianca. Is there a list of Keyboard Shortcut I can make reference to? Is there a way to insert Ctrl V for pasting other than typing in [d (ctrl)] v [u (ctrl)]? Thanks.

Sorry, Send Hotkey in Studio not StudioX

Yes, It was relatively easy for me. The trick is to use the Send Hot Key activity!

I face the same issue as well

I sometimes miss those hints within the actual assignment. It says “Or you can use the CTRL+V shortcut!” but offers no indication that there is actually an activity called “Keyboard Shortcuts” and how it might be used. If it wasn’t for the forum I would have never searched for that option; I was rather looking for a separate paste option…

Hi @arman…this can be solved by using click options and changing the click type as displayed in the screenshot below:

How did you indicate paste option in notepad throught StudioX?

How is this “[d (ctrl)] v [u (ctrl)]” works ? When in type into i am using this CTRL then it is showing k(ctrl) but here it seems like something different.
Any documentation to know where d(ctrl), u(ctrl) - d, u, k etc ??
@loginerror

These are basically modifiers that allow you to press the button or lift it up, rather than performing a full down-up key press at once.

This works as a CTRL + V combination:

"%[d(ctrl)]v[u(ctrl)]"

It works because [d(ctrl)] presses down the hold CTRL button, then it presses v button and at the end it lifts the previously pressed CTRL button up with [u(ctrl)].

@loginerror - As far I understood, these are the modifier which allow long press then release. Basically action performed on keyboard button.
So here -
d - used for long press
u - used for release the button

• What about k modifier ?
  • How many modifiers are available like this ?
  • What is that % for ?
  • Which one is more reliable: Send hot keys or type Into ?

It’s a full key press, thus down and then up.

I think that is it, as far as I am aware.

Well, let me check with someone about that one, I am not actually sure. It is added automatically when you fill this in the Type Into box: [d(ctrl)] (which is a key press), so I would expect it is used by Studio to interpret the keypress accordingly.

I would say both are reliable, but the usage will depend on the particular automation you are handling.

1 Like

Hi Bianca,
I had clicked on the icon you circled. and yet it still doesn’t copy it to clipboard.
Do you know the reason?

Thanks i advance!