Is there a way to debug/display/log an incoming API request into Orchestrator so I can compare it with a working curl request?
I’m trying to setup an oauth-based API interface from a 3rd party system into Orchestrator. The goal is to enable the 3rd party system (ServiceNow) to put an item into an Orchestrator queue.
Orchestrator is configured according to the relevant documentation pages and the admins of the 3rd party tool can successfully retrieve a token using curl. From my point, this means that the command itself is sound and that the connection itself is also working.
As soon as they configure the ServiceNow oauth interface, they get an error saying “invalid request”.
The relevant SN logs don’t provide information on the oauth command.
Since the curl request is working, I suspect a formatting issue with the request generated by SN but I need to log it to prove that…
after very quick reading your case maybe have a check on following. Whatever cannot be quick / technical / organisational constraints… retrieved fro ORC maybe can be catched from REST API Call/response sniffing.
Maybe this technique can help you fro the analysis as we have understand that not the ORC API, but the SN sents are to get analysed / reviewed.
Capturing the trace you should follow the below steps:
• Open Fiddler and set turn off capturing (File Capture traffic or F12)
• Click on the dropdown arrow next to the X on the icon bar and remove all traces. This will clear out the left side of the Fiddler monitor.
• Then Click on File Capture Traffic or F12
• Reproduce the issue
• Click on File Capture Traffic to stop the trace.
• Click File → Save → Save All Sessions…