Debug does not stop at breakpoint when 'Wait for page load' is set somewhere in the workflow

This one was hard to catch and I have no clue how it is related.

If I have somewhere in the workflow the property ‘Wait for page load’ set (doesn’t matter which option), none of the breakpoints will work. The execution just runs through everything stopping only at exceptions. Even if the breakpoint is the first thing in the code and the activity using the property is at the end, breakpoints will be ignored.

I’m trying out Modern Design with Object Repository, but am running into issues like this one, but also not being able to open the browser at a dynamic URL and missing Object Repository support for Find Element.

Platform information:

Studio 2021.10.5 - 2/1/2022
Enterprise License
User-mode Installation
License Provider: Orchestrator
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard 64-bit

Packages:

Attaching a workflow I did when trying to isolate this issue as well.
BreakpointBugWaitForComplete.zip (132.8 KB)

Hi,

I can just reproduce your issue with your attached project.
Even if I set breakpoint at first LogMessage, workflow doesn’t stop there in debug mode.
And if execution trail is turned on, trail isn’t shown at the Log activity.
Probably it’s bug, i think.

If I unlink ObjectRepojitory it seems good. So it might be related with OR.

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed report. Indeed, this looks like a bug on our side. Will look into fixing it.

2 Likes

We have looked into it and it looks like it is working well in the newer types of projects, while not possible to fix in Legacy projects.

It has been documented here:

Thank you for the information. I haven’t used the new type of project yet, is there some kind of limitation at this moment when compared to Legacy? Less available packages, for example.

Some packages might still be in the process of being moved to the new type of project, but for the most part you should be able to work with new project types without an issue :slight_smile:

1 Like