Database connect activity does not open wizard

My system os is windows 8,so I installed sqlserver2017 and i am trying to connect my studio with database and i am facing an issue that is when i am clicking on connection wizard in connect activity i am unable to get the connection wizard any one please help me

thanks in advance
connect activity

Hi @srujana13a5

Try Restarting the studio and check once!

Regards

@srujana13a5

Welcome to forums

Can you restart the workflow and try again?

Thanks

@srujana13a5

Also, let us know if you are facing any error?

Thanks

ok i will try

thanks

Hi @srujana13a5

If restart is not helped, try to update dependent package. (UiPath.DataBase.Activities)

Thank you.

1 Like

Any fix on this ? I’m facing the same issue and restart is not helping.

1 Like

Hi @Lauri_Lemmetty

Could you please share the version of your Database activity package and your Studio version?

my database activity is 1.5 and studio is 2021.10.4 . Found out that the official uipath.database.activities is not working anymore. for some reason.

I installed the nuget.org odp.oracle.dataaccess.x86 and switched the odbc to oracle and then it works.

We had some issues with this package as not all the dependencies were uploaded properly to the official feed.

Can you please try again using a new project? Just Add Database activities and please share a screenshot of the project panel (with all dependencies expanded)

Hello

I have the same problem. I can’t click Connection Wizard (I click it but nothing happened). I make new project and install only UiPath.Database.Activities packege the problem is still there

Connection Wizard button
Capture1

My Packages

1 Like

Hi @Denislav_Vladimirov

Just to confirm - is the window stuck completely, or can you still navigate to the element by using the TAB and SHIFT+TAB and SPACEBAR to navigate between the UI elements?
tabshifttab

Also, I’ve kind of reproduced this bug by switching to another application with both of those windows open:

When I then came back to Studio, I could no longer click on the buttons and the second window was gone:

However, when I did ALT+TAB, I found the lost window and was able to bring it to focus, close it and then the first one worked just fine:

1 Like

Hello Maciej,

I am facing the same issue of connection wizard not opening when I click on it. I tried alt + tab and moving to a different application and coming back to it. I have a Windows 10 machine and UIPath 2020.10.6 Enterprise license. I am trying to get an Oracle connection going.

Regards

Dhawal

I know the struggle, because I’ve encountered it recently as well.

It often takes a lot of tries to fish out the background window, often via a combination of minimizing all windows and then bringing studio to the foreground.

We will have a look and see how this can be improved.

I am having the same issue and it is not a hidden window. I have deleted UiPath.Database.Activities, restarted, etc. It is causing an error as well: Connect to database: Failed to load library (ErrorCode: 126). So, I think they are related. If I use another user id on this machine, it works. I noticed there were a lot of dependencies on the Package such as Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SNI.runtime which were prompted to install. I suspect that the install of Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SNI.runtime is where the issue lies (it is an older library). How do I get rid of that install so I can start again?

Some more clues. 2 user ids, same machine. One user can see the DB Connection Wizard (User-Works), other cannot (User-Fail). If User-Works opens User-Fail’s project, the connection wizard works. If User-Fail creates a new project, the connection wizard fails. So, it appears that the DB connection is tied to the user profile. Perhaps in the .nuget libraries?

This a a decent clue. The .nuget folder resides in the machine user folder.

Could you try renaming the .nuget folder and then let Studio reinstall all the dependencies?

I will try and test this when time permits. Not sure if I can recreate but we have this thread in case it reoccurs. If it crops up again, this thread should lead someone to something they can test.

1 Like