I’m very happy to share that, besides Extracting Data in Studio Web, you can now also validate it using the Create Validation Task and Wait Activity to create a Validation Task in Action Center and suspend your workflow, until the task is executed.
The Create Validation Task and Wait Activity allows you to create a validation task in Action Center with minimum configuration, requiring only:
- An output of the Extract Document Data Activity
- A name for your tasks
Nevertheless, more advanced options are also available:
- Action priority - defaulted to medium, for setting the priority of the created task
- Action catalog - defaulted to the first one found or a pre-created one, if none is available
At runtime, the activity suspends your workflow
(similar as currently the Create Document Validation Action in Studio), while redirecting you to the task created.
The workflow is suspended until the created task has been executed and can then be resumed.
Limitations & known issues
Being a preview version of the activity, we know it may be not perfect - watch out for the following:
- Not all activities can currently be used in long-running workflows (that is, workflows which are suspend and then resumed), so one may encounter the following issues:
System.InvalidOperationException: Object XXXX is unusable after the Workflow has been resumed. Please refetch it.
System.Runtime.Serialization.InvalidDataContractException: Type XXXX cannot be serialized. Consider marking it with the DataContractAttribute attribute, and marking all of its members you want serialized with the DataMemberAttribute attribute. Alternatively, you can ensure that the type is public and has a parameterless constructor - all public members of the type will then be serialized, and no attributes will be required.
- We do not provide (yet) a means for leveraging task-specific activities (assign task, add labels to task etc.)
- Studio X does currently not offer support for long-running workflows
We’re working on solving the above - shall you encounter the above issues, please bear with us!
Shall you find new issues or have any other feedback - do raise it, we’re happy to receive it!