Data reading from Config.xlsx

Hi All,

I am using RE Framework and not able to make my bot read values from “config.xlsx” file. I have not done any changes in initAllSettings.xaml, just passing in_Config as an argument to GetAppCredentials workflow. Could anyone please put some light on the common errors regarding this?

Is the file open at the time you run it? Because that will cause an error

Hi @pratrparookie,

I think you need to pass the Config(“variable_name_for_credential”).toString as the argument to GetAppCredentials and not the whole Config, unless you have decided to pass the entire config and programmed the flow accordingly.

Also ensure that the excel file is closed before the start of the workflow, or you close Excel using Close Application/kill Process.

Regards,
Abdullah

1 Like

No…I am closing the file before running the workflow.

Buddy @pratrparookie
Have your eyes once on to the data in config file like you url, login credentials i.e user name and password, max retry value before getting to next workflow

Cheers,

@abdullahnj yes, I am passing in_Config(“Credential”).ToString…it’s not working

Hi @pratrparookie,

and you have a key-value pair in the Config File with “Credential” as the key?
Can we have a look at the config file you are using?

Regards,
Abdullah

HI @pratrparookie

Can you explain what the error you are facing here? Does it throw any errors when you run the solution? If so, can we see a screenshot of the error along with your config file so that it will be easy for us to help you figure it out

Guys, I have just cleared the arguments mapping and rewrote them again,restarted the studio and now it’s working fine. Thanks for all the inputs.

1 Like