CyberArk & Assets

Hi I have a question about this topic. I know that UiPath Orchestrator can Integrate with CyberArk. I know how to manage de Credential Store in the Orchestrator.

BUT

Into CyberArk. when you create a credential for an Asset. In CyberArk. where do you create the credential? what kind of forms we need to fill? we need to create an account like we do with robots? what kind of device type and platform name we need to put for an asset? Or we do not create an account for assets? how we do the connection or the asset on the orchestrator and the credential in the cyberArk store?

I don’t have that much experience with Cyber Ark, but i think it is basically a container for credentials.

I think the easiest for you will be to search our docs.uipath.com for CyberArk guides as these should be clear enough. If that is not the case, definitely let us know :slight_smile:

• Credential Store is configured per Tenant in Orchestrator
  • Credential Store points to a CyberArk Safe and Logical Folder
  • Orchestrator can have 1 or more Credential Stores with a configured default for Robot and Asset Credentials
  • Robot Credential is configured with 3 pieces of information
    1. Credential Store
    2. Username
    3. External Name (CyberArk Reference for Credentials ‘Account Name’)
  • Asset Credential is configured with 2 pieces of information
    1. Credential Store
    2. External Name (CyberArk Reference for Credentials ‘Account Name’)

The following documents will help to understand how to configure Orchestrator and CyberArk Password Vault together. If more information is needed on aspects of CyberArk and general organization of Safes, Folders, etc. I would suggest reaching out to CyberArk for guidance and/or a demo for a better understanding of the use cases.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.