Curation Process for Components

As most of you are already aware of, all components submitted on UiPath Marketplace are subjected to a curation process. The purpose of this process is to ensure the security of the content placed on the platform, as well as other quality parameters like high relevance and simple usability.

In order to achieve all of the above, the curation process consists of several steps in the following order:

1. Content Quality Check verifies if the Upload Form is properly filled in in accordance to our Publishing Guidelines.
  2. Security Testing performs various scans on components with the purpose of verifying all kinds of viruses and suspicious incoming/outgoing connections. It also looks into software analytics, quality, security measurement and management.
  3. Functionality Testing validates the intended use of the components as specified in the components’ Overview section in the Upload Form.

After all the above steps are completed successfully, the component is published. :tada:

As mentioned in FAQs, we are doing our best to complete the curation process in 7 to 10 business days, however the timeline might differ depending on the components’ complexity, the status of the submissions (complete/incomplete), the updates required after the Testing phases.
For example, if Functionality Testing phase reveals that updates are required from the author, as soon as the component is resubmitted, the curation process will be restarted.

Tips for speeding up the Curation Process :rocket:

We aim to make this process faster and smoother for everyone and to achieve this we also need a bit of your help :sunglasses: We created this list of tips that we believe will speed things up:

• Publishing Guidelines will help you fill in correctly the Upload Form from your first try as they include a bunch of details describing every field in the form.
  • Keep your :eyes: on your inbox as we will contact you as soon as we have news about your component. Whether it’s content, security or functionality related, we will notify you and describe all the necessary steps required to continue the process. We will also inform you the moment your component is published.
  • If you have any questions on how to submit a component or about the Upload Form, please don’t hesitate to Contact us. It’s better to get things clear from the get-go than to submit an incomplete form.

Last but not least, feedback and suggestions are most appreciated, good or bad :smiley: We would be happy to hear from you!

Thank you for all the amazing work and support! Happy Automation! :robot:

18 Likes

This is great news, I was not aware of this curation process.

However, our governance requires we review all code developed by third party, so I guess my question is: Are the Go! developed packages code available in one central Git depository?
(Because when you download the. nuget package, it contains compiled .dll files, NOT .xaml files.)
Best regards Mikkel Nielsen

1 Like

Hi Mikkel,

The code packages for Go! components are not available for public use. We request them from the components authors due to the fact that we want the components thoroughly reviewed and checked in terms of security and functionality prior to publishing them in Go!.

Hope this answers your question :blush:
Warm Regards,
Andreea & Go! Team

4 Likes

Hi could you explain how new components should be named?
I have a problem with validation of my upload because of this… :frowning:
If name of it is GetExe then should be named GetExe.activities?

Hi @Mikolaj_Zielinski,

You are correct. The package needs to be names GetExe.Activities.

Best Regards,
Andreea

1 Like