As most of you are already aware of, all components submitted on UiPath Marketplace are subjected to a curation process. The purpose of this process is to ensure the security of the content placed on the platform, as well as other quality parameters like high relevance and simple usability.
In order to achieve all of the above, the curation process consists of several steps in the following order:
- Content Quality Check verifies if the Upload Form is properly filled in in accordance to our Publishing Guidelines.
- Security Testing performs various scans on components with the purpose of verifying all kinds of viruses and suspicious incoming/outgoing connections. It also looks into software analytics, quality, security measurement and management.
- Functionality Testing validates the intended use of the components as specified in the components’ Overview section in the Upload Form.
After all the above steps are completed successfully, the component is published.
As mentioned in FAQs, we are doing our best to complete the curation process in 7 to 10 business days, however the timeline might differ depending on the components’ complexity, the status of the submissions (complete/incomplete), the updates required after the Testing phases.
For example, if Functionality Testing phase reveals that updates are required from the author, as soon as the component is resubmitted, the curation process will be restarted.
Tips for speeding up the Curation Process
We aim to make this process faster and smoother for everyone and to achieve this we also need a bit of your help We created this list of tips that we believe will speed things up:
- Publishing Guidelines will help you fill in correctly the Upload Form from your first try as they include a bunch of details describing every field in the form.
- Keep your on your inbox as we will contact you as soon as we have news about your component. Whether it’s content, security or functionality related, we will notify you and describe all the necessary steps required to continue the process. We will also inform you the moment your component is published.
- If you have any questions on how to submit a component or about the Upload Form, please don’t hesitate to Contact us. It’s better to get things clear from the get-go than to submit an incomplete form.
Last but not least, feedback and suggestions are most appreciated, good or bad We would be happy to hear from you!
Thank you for all the amazing work and support! Happy Automation!